Apartment in Siracusa with garden for cat and dog lovers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are 2 elderly Danish women, who have spent 2 months of recreation in a little oases in Siracusa. We booked it through airbnb.com where private people advertise their property. We had a large livingroom with kitchen, bedroom, and barthroom. As the apartment is only connected to the owner's house on one side you have its lovely garden on 3 sides of you. Tables and chairs on all sides, sunbeds, a veranda with roof. Bananapalms, flowers everywhere. We have no car, but up on viale Scala Greca, there is a bus for the old city every hour. When you wait for the bus you see Etna down the road. We love animals, and it was partly for that reason we choose this rental. Another good reason is the price. It is very affordable to say the least. Nearby is a large supermarked and the best baker in Siracusa. Come before 14.00 and take home with you hot dishes, or come after 17.00 and take home with you a pizza. Not everybody can stay in Siracusa for a long time. The apartment is of course available for short stays. Ursula, the owner is a wonderful host, she will do anything to help you. And the apartment and the garden is as one guest wrote like coming back to your childhood.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM

Sounds great. Thanks for the rec. It is a place we would love to visit again and the apartment sounds just the thing. We used airbnb in Provence and it was perfect for us both times also.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 11:52 PM

The apartment sounds lovely but I cannot locate it on the airbnb site. Did you take your own animals or do you mean they belong to the owners?
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Original Poster

They belong to the owner. I wish you could upload photoes here. I have used airbnb.com on several occations. Always been very happy with the apartments. I think you just have to look around for what apartment you are looking for. But in this case the owner is called Ursula Hofer. You can find it eksilregerng be asking for whole apartment, and then price from low to high. Also you can ask for wi-fi.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Or you can just mail or call her [email protected]. 39 3779817532. She is married here, comes from Austria.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:23 AM

Thanks for that information.
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 01:21 AM
Original Poster

I just looked it up on airbnb.com. It was there. But I got the phone wrong. 0039 3299697179. And the email. [email protected]. Sorry. I do not seem to be very good at this. She also has a nice doubleroom with bathroom. So it is a great place for a big family. We had granddaughters visiting for 5 days. They loved to have this separate room.
And Siracusa is really a lovely city.