Motorcycle Europe?

Mar 27th, 2002, 09:58 PM
George

Motorcycle Europe?

I am taking three weeks in April with my brother, to visit Europe... Neither have ever been and we got a crazy idea to rent motorcycles, and go (like Easy Rider) across Europe to see what we see. We are expeienced riders here in US, but is there anyone who has done this and can offer advice. Or suggest not to go, because they already researched it and found out how crazy it was.

Mar 28th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Rex

I once gad an e-mail from a guy (actually lives here in my hometown) contact me, asking for ideas about SHIPping his motorcycle to Europe.

I'll see if I can find him and see if he ever did it.

I realize that this is not entirely what you are asking. Still might be relevant.

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Westerville, Ohio

Mar 28th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Rex

Hmmm... brain on stun.

"gad" = "had" or "got"

Mar 28th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Gretchen

On another board a fellow living in France detailed what it took to get a motorcycle license there. I had a LOT more respect for the bikers I saw tearing down the streets of Paris after that. It is a rigorous series of tests. You may need to check on licensing.

Mar 28th, 2002, 05:03 AM
bettyk

When we lived in England and Vienna, my husband took his motorcycle along and we enjoyed it very much. Lots of great roads and beautiful scenery. He did have to get a license because we were living there, but for a 3-week period you can get an endorsement on your International Driver's License that will cover you as long as you you are licensed in the US. When we were in Italy a couple of years ago (in the car), we must have encountered hundreds of motorcyclists in the mountains going extremely fast. Seemed very dangerous, so be careful!

Mar 28th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Annie

Every motorcyclist I've seen in Europe always wears full leathers, BTW.

Mar 28th, 2002, 09:30 AM
ttt

to the top