Most luxurious hotel in Switzerland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The missus and I are going there for our anniversary and would like to spend 4 days in the "lap" of luxury. Views, room service, spa etc.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:43 AM

Message: They are all over Switzerland. You need to narrow it down a bit. I would recommend that you check out www.luxurylink.com and see what they have on offer for Switzerland.

Cheers,
Jan

Old Dec 1st, 2003, 06:02 AM

The Victoria Jungfrau in Interlaken is hard to beat. Get a front room with a balcony and enjoy luxury and fabulous views.

Regards,

Jinx Hoover
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 08:10 AM

I agree--the Victoria Junfrau because it is a very nice hotel but more because it is in the Berner Oberland--the best of the Alps.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 09:33 AM

Oh, Bob...I don't know! I think the Engadine is much nicer! ;-)
Food is better, too.
Cheers,
Jan
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:15 AM

Hello Sausalito,

As SloJan suggests, Switzerland is the home of luxury; there are dozens of "most luxurious" to indulge in! You can narrow your search by choosing an ambiance(German, Italian, French) and scenery (lakes, mountaintops, lakes with mountains, city, country, etc)

In addition to the luxurylink site that SloJan offered, you can check out www.swissdeluxehotels.com -- a group of 35 five-star hotels in Switzerland. You may also want to check out the Swiss National Tourist Office at www.myswitzerland.com; they have a brochure called "Luxury and Design" that you may enjoy.

By the way, I've heard that Badrutt's Palace in St Moritz is just about IT. Don't know myself . . .

s
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 01:58 PM

Depends on the time you want to go ... (if not in off season, read: May or Nov).

Absolutely agree with SloJan (Hi!) and Swandav (Hi also!) - the Engadin is it in my opinion. My all time favourite is Hotel Waldhaus in Sils. http://www.waldhaus-sils.ch/
By the way, it is the only one five star hotel I can judge from personal experience

Ingo
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:25 PM

I always enjoy the Grand National in Lucerne. It's right on the lake so the scenery is gorgeous. This is an old stately hotel that always makes me feel very special.
Spa? Not sure. I've never inquired about that feature. But everything else is 5 star.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:45 PM
rex

The Schweitzerhof in Lucerne is a grand old 5-star lady where I have stayed. Excellent, but at slightly less luxurious and at half the price, I enjoyed the Hotel Albana in Weggis just about as much on a subsequent trip.

If there had been rooms (and at an affordable rate), I had hoped to stay at Chateau Gutsch on the first trip to Lucerne - - and I seem to recall that they have undergone an extensive renovation there. I would love to go check it out if and when I a should findmyself headed to this wonderful little city again.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 11:11 PM

Just a comment on the National. Directly across the street there is a full service health club/spa facility. It is open for public membership and to the guests of the National. It is an excellent health club facility with massages, steam rooms and multiple pools. It is not a classic spa, however.

The Gutsch is over rated IMHO and the Schweizerhof recently finished a total face lift. I don't know about the spa though! Both the National and the Schweizerhof have phenomenal views. One last comment is that the Schweizerhof would be great during Fasnacht, Switzerland's carnival.

Cheers,
Jan

And a big Hello to Ingo and Swandav!!
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:45 AM

topping for Sausalito as he has alredy posted 2 more times on this same subject.

Cheers---hears to happy scrolling!
Jan
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:46 AM
JonJon

The Montana in Luzern has repeatedly been named the best FOUR star hotel in Switzerland...if you're willing to slum just a wee bit and can distinguish between "luxury" hotels and their surroundings which usually have very little, if anything, to do with a hotel's amenities. I think the views in other places might be more spectacular but what you pick depends, I suppose, on your priorities.

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:49 AM

I guess I need to do more previewing. It is already and "here's"

Cheers,
Jan
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:33 AM

And a big hello to SloJan! It's a pleasure to see you posting. How's life in Slovenia?

Back to the topic - For spa I think you should consider the Quellenhof in Bad Ragaz. Haven't been there myself, but heard and read wonderful things.

website should be www.resortragaz.ch (or .com?)

Cheers
Ingo
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:05 PM

my wife and i think Bar au Lac in zurich is the finest hotel in europe, the best service, the best bedding, we always make a two day stop in zurich no matter where were going just because the hotel is so great.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:48 AM

Hi Ingo,
Slovenia is great. It is termed "The green jewel of Europe" and is 65% forested. I am not missing Switzerland one bit! Thanks for asking and apologies to Sausalito for the hijack!

Cheers,
Jan