Montmartre Lunch suggestions

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Montmartre Lunch suggestions

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to spend an afternoon in Montmartre and wanted your suggestions for an inexpensive lunch (around $15) before going on a walking tour. Maybe as simple as a salad and croque Monsieur?

In looking through the fodors threads, the suggestions I found were either expensive or posted on messags a few years ago.

Thanks!

Monica
Monica
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:22 AM

There are a number of good places all along rue des Abbesses, near metro Abbesses. By all means, avoid the Place du Tertre area for eating.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
ira

Hi M,

In 2004, we had lunch at Le Tardieu, a tiny place on Rue Tardieu that is notable for its toilette. Out back, Turkish style. Mom admitted that this was certainly an experience.

The omelettes and salads were quite good. Very inexpensive.

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM

As mentioned already, the rue des Abbesses area is a good place to go for lunch, as there are plenty of eateries to choose from.
For instance, there's an excellent breton style creperie at 35 rue Lepic, called Lepic Assiette. Have eaten there countless times and never been disappointed - good value too.

You could also try le Soleil Gourmand on rue Ravignan, which does salads, stuffed pastries, quiches, etc. Nice decor, too, most of which is for sale!

Another option is Le Chinon on rue des Abbesses, a bar/café which does good salads, omelettes + frites, etc.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Monica
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:13 AM

L’Eteen Pente Douce
23 rue Muller (down the steps below Sacre Coeur to the left as you leave, ask for directions or find it on your map before heading out)
If you don't want to eat with the crowds and tourists in place du Tertre, head here. Just down the east steps of Sacre Coeur, you will leave the tourists behind and enter a quiet neighborhood. This bistro hides under generous branches below the crowds on a classic neighborhood corner. It has fine indoor and outdoor seating, the food is excellent and the prices are reasonable.

We loved it and will go back there on our next trip.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 03:51 AM

Last year in April we accidentally (due to an unexpected rain) had lunch at:
Le Gastelier
1 bis rue Tardieu, Montmartre
011-33-01-46-06-22-06
their main course are very good, I had two kind of quices (provencal and salmon and cheese) and my DH had meet. But their best are cake and particularly chocolate ones.
The place is little and it's at the bottom of the rail to montmartre