Mont St. Michel

Old May 13th, 1997, 02:48 PM
Sallie

Mont St. Michel

I'll be in France in September on my honeymoon and we are planning to visit Mont St. Michel. Any hotel suggestions, or other tips? We will arriving on a thursday afternoon and are planning to stay over. Thanks!

Old May 14th, 1997, 12:26 AM
Dan

I have led tour groups to the Mont & have also stayed there with my family. If you are arriving by car, you'll park on the right side of the causeway & walk in. We usually just take an overnight bag because it is a steep hill. You'll have no trouble finding a room at that time of year since most tour groups just come for the day. There is hotel on the right side half-way up the hill. I'll try to find the name. Do not stay at La Mere Poulard.,

Old Jun 16th, 1997, 11:22 AM
Tim Norris

Try staying away from the island. In La Poultiere SW of Mont St Michel on D797 there is a very nice little Chambre d'Hotes. Good breakfast in the morning and only a short drive to the abbaye. Also recommend the drive through the polders to the abbaye, some great views and alittle off the beaten track. The Chambres d'Hotes is La Bergerie 02 99 80 29 68. If you want something alittle more upscale stay at the Relais St Michel. Rm five is wonderful with an outstanding view of the abbaye. E-mail me if you want, I have just returned from France, mostly in Brittany and Normandy this trip, and can advise further. Good Travels.

Old Jul 19th, 1997, 08:29 PM
debra

We visited Le Mont-St-Michel in 1993. We stay at an historic Manor house that was visited by King Charles VI, Louis XI and Francois I. It was wonderful. We stayed in the Family quarters with a large, comfortable bed. Lot's of antique furniture and the owner showed us the whole manor. We had the place to ourselves and the breakfast was good. It is a few miles from Le Mont. Called Manoir de Brion phone 33 70 82 36. Was about 450FF for double.
Visit Le Mont at night when there are few people.

Old Jul 24th, 1997, 05:17 PM
Bob Godwin

We visited Mont St. Michel in 1992 and stayed on the island at the Hotel Saint Pierre, which was 2 star and fine. It was great to stay on the island, particularily in the evening after the tour buses left. I don't remember their price, but I am sure you can get it from ther internet. their phone number was 33-33601403.

Old Jul 31st, 1997, 12:41 PM
troy

Some friends and i rented a car in Paris, struggled in Parisian traffic, and then had a scenic 4hr drive to Mont. We stayed across the island, on the shore of the mainland, at a very cheap place called Hotel Vert. But, don't stay there for your honeymoon stay on the Mont. (The Hotel Vert had about as much ambiance as our Twingo rental car). Anyway, definitely go on the nightly musical tour thru the ancient Abbey (very romantic).