I'm finally coming to the Alps, and I want to try the highest peak. Well, I know the chances are low, but any help would help.
I'm going to be there in the second week of June.
1. How is the snow level (from Tete Rousse to Gouter ref.)?
I am planning to take the tramway du mont blanc to Mt. Lachat and getting to Gouter the first day. (time permitting, if I leave early). But excessive snow could cut me off.
2. If I do that, do I need a rope to cross Grand couloir? How long?(I have crampons and an axe)
3. Is it illegal to sleep in a Bivy (weather permitting)? (I'm not sure if I want to stay in a refuge) And how recommendable is it?
And...... is there anyone who want to join me?
(I have been to sierras, but haven't summited anything like Mont Blanc. )
Thanks a lot anyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip