Monica-Help with sncf site please

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:14 PM
bobbie

Monica-Help with sncf site please

Hi Monica
Sorry to have to bother you again but the site is driving me crazy--what am i doing wrong?
I have tried to follow your instructions to get the print out - I went into the site in English and went to Bookings and information.
I could not find anything-anyplace that says Buying your ticket-or a section called obtaining tickets ordered by internet,phone or Minitel.
Please state me from the beginning after I get into the site--I dont see anything else to start with except Bookings and information that makes sense.
Once again -thanks
Bobbie

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Sue

Bobbie, have you already booked? If not, see my post on your other question.

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:31 PM
StCirq

Bobbie:

I just did a fake sample booking, and it worked just fine.

Go to Information/reservations
In the box where it says pick the country where you want to pick up your tickets, put France if you want to pick them up there or USA if you want them mailed
Go to Buy and Book
Fill out the form regarding destination, times, no. of passengers, etc, click on Select or Continue
Approve the booking, or refine it until you do approve it, then pick Select. A menu of options comes up, including a form where you can fill out the address of where you want the tickets sent or the place where you want to pick up the tickets.

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Monica

Bobbie, is this your real email? If so, let me know and I'll email you from my office. I have an 800 number you can call me and we can go through it together.

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Monica

Bobbie, StCirq gave you the correct information. I just tried to email you directly and it didn't go through.

Please note that if you check one schedule, then back out to find other travel times or dates, the web site will save those searches, so that when you finally are ready to reserve your tickets, you will see multiple schedules. Make sure you purchase ONLY those tickets you want.

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Bobbie

Hi Sue,

No I haven't booked yet--I'm more then 60 days out. I am trying to do a printout that states that you can order your tickets 60 days before and pick them up at a station in France 60 days later. There seems to be some confusion about this point but Monica says it's o'kay to do it and is trying to get me to the place on sncf's site that states this in writing .I don't want to have a problem once I'm in France.
My problem is I can't seem to find the section she is trying to get me to.
Thanks for your help
Bobbie

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Sue

Just remember, you want "Decouverte Senior" not "Carte Senior" (which is what will automatically come up--you must click right below the schedule you want for the "Decouverte Senior".

Mar 29th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Bobbie

Monica-
Yes this is my E-mail.Please try it again.
I am going to try to do what Stcirq suggested now. It would be great if you gave me the 800 # just in case I need your help.
Thanks so much to all
I'm going to the site now--let you know how it goes.
Bobbie

Mar 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Monica

Bobbie, I just emailed you from home. Give me a call when you get the email.

Mar 29th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Sue

I posted before but the internet gremlins stole it (?)

Bobbie, I just tried to do a Paris Tours TGV and yes, I got a message of 'not sold through this web site' for ONE of the possible options but not for the other schedule option given. Try a different time of departure if you're having trouble.