Reload this Page >

Moderate Glasgow hotel/guesthouse for solo traveler

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Lesli

I'm planning a solo trip to Scotland for October. My first time there, and I'll be without a car. I'm considering the following hotels in Glasgow:<BR><BR>The Sandyford - 905 Souchiehall St.(West End)<BR>The Townhouse Hotel - 21 Royal Crescent (West End)<BR>The Merchant Lodge - 52 Virginia St. (Merchant City; same ownership as the Townhouse)<BR><BR>Other suggestions are welcome, as are your suggestions re restaurants, pubs, or jazz joints.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance! -- Lesli<BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 04:47 PM
ron

I stayed at the Town house solo a couple of years ago --- very nice place. Should I return, I would try to stay there again. Very handy to the West End attractions, but a bit of a hike to central Glasgow. Bus stop otside the hotel.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Lesli

Thanks, Ron, for your rapid (and positive!) reply....

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:32 PM
xxx

Are you the Leslie from the Boston area?<BR>Spain, Poland, South Carolina, Montreal, now Glasgow ... you have a lot of decisions on your hands. And you're wasting lots of peoples' time.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Not rude like xxx

xxx -<BR><BR>It might surprise you to learn that there is more than one Leslie/Lesli/Lesley on this board.... This one apparently used her real email address (unlike you) and asked a legitimate, specific question. If you don't care to answer it, please do not "waste your time" posting a reply.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:34 PM
xxx

Dear "Not rude like xxx", I sent you a long involved e-mail explaining why I posted what I did, but the message bounced back with a "unable to deliver to address" error. I would have a very hard time accepting that your address is fake. I also would have a very hard time accepting that one person could have more than one e-mail address. In conclusion, GET A LIFE, LOOZAH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Lesli

Forgot to give my definition of "moderate": under 65 GPB. (Preferably less so that I can spend the difference in Edinburgh.) All those listed are in the 35 single-50 double for sole use range, or therabouts....

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Nichola

The Travel Inn at Georges Street is excellent value. Clean, comfortable, modern and a brilliant location right in the city centre. Fixed price of &pound;50 per night per room (has pull out beds to enable 4 people per room if anyone else is interested).<BR>www.travelinn.co.uk