Mobal vs Telestial

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobal vs Telestial

Was going to get a mobile phone for my trip to Italy and these two seem to get good reviews here.

It looks like the $49 Telestial Lite package is better than the $49 Mobal package because Telestial comes with $20 on the card and has free incoming calls and texts.

Am I missing something in the fine print that would make the Mobal a better choice?

I wont be talking all the time, but could see myself having a few 5-10 minute conversations.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

b
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM

I was looking into the same thing for my trip as well. I believe that the calls will cost .99 per minute, which with the $20 card will get you about 20 minutes of air time. Also remember that incoming calls are free for you, but you may want to give your family or friends a calling card, so the calls don't cost them much either.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM

with telestial, you get 30 mins of free calls made TO the cell phone by family and friends...you are given a tollfree # for people to call.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM

I bought sim cards from telestial and had nothing but problems. The problems would have been fine, but dealing with those, together with the most rude customer service people imaginable, made the whole experience extremely unpleasant for me. I would do anything to avoid using telestial.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM

I am on my second Telestial phone now. My first one had no problems, but I wanted the razor phone. The first one was the Passport Lite. I do not remember exactly how the family free minutes worked, but we did not encounter any problems. And in some countries, your incoming calls are free. I remember France and possibly Italy. My phone now is the Passport US Sim card which has a US number also. In almost all European countries, my incoming calls are free. Of course at home here in Texas, the calls to me are not free, but we use 10-10-987 so it's not expensive. The phone has a UK number. My husband set it up on the quick dial, so all he has to do is push one button to call me.