missing posts

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:03 AM
stan

missing posts

Has anyone else had problems with posting a reply that just does not arrive on the forum?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Rex

Was it lengthy? (over 500 words). These will be rejected, and give no indication. Other times, the forum just eats a post. In both cases, you know it immediately.

You should be able to hit "back" and at least retrieve what you typed. You can highlight, copy and past to another window (word processor, etc) and try again - - or cut in half, etc.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:18 AM
stan

thanks Rex.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Anthea

I think that some people are referring to a thread that's been around for at least a day or two,if not much more, and some of the posts on the thread are missing. I know it's happened to me and the posts were quite benign and much less than 500 words. Sometimes one takes it personally!!!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:03 PM
ttt

specific examples?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Shanna

For example: on 2/28 I posted a thank you to people who responded to my quest for help with senior mom in paris, but i didn't want to bring the whole thread back up. the msg took, appearing as #1, then disappeared when I queried under senior mom to print responses to first post. queried again in a couple days, still gone, but I just tried the same query today and the thank you post is back. gremlins

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:59 PM
aaa

I think what you described there is a search failure. No indexing. Not the disappearance and re-appearance of a thread.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:01 PM
elaine

I think that too. Postings aren't archived for about 2-3 weeks, which means within that period they won't show up by using the Search function. The only way to find them within the first 2-3 weeks of their existence is to keep scrolling down on the left.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Grasshopper

Nope, there is definitely something unusual happening. Sometimes when I post a reply and click on "post my reply" it returns me to the previous screen and my post did not post. Also, when I hit refresh I get a weird blank screen and have to choose a forum before it gives me the Europe screen.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:11 PM
aaa

That's a different problem from posts disappearing, having posted, then re-appearing.

The failure to post is definitely happening more frequently.