Milos beach stay

Search

Milos beach stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milos beach stay

My husband and I will be on Milos mid-September for 4 nights and would like to stay somewhere directly on the beach or at least on the waterfront. We would prefer to be in an area where we are near enough to walk to some waterfront restaurants. We are considering Pollonia, but have not committed yet. We would like to tour the island during the day and then be able to relax at our spot in the evening to watch the sunset with cocktails. It is always nice to be able to walk to dinner in the evening. Does anyone have suggestions on a great place to stay? It can be a hotel, b and b, apt, or self catering. We would like to keep it less than $125 per night, preferably less than $100. Thanks for your advice.
Old Jul 20th, 2017, 05:39 AM

Anywhere in Pollonia is walkable to the 3-4 tavernas there, there's a seafood place that gets particularly good reviews. In the port town of Adamas, there is of course far more choice of places to eat (especially off-season, which mid-september is, on Milos) ... but the beach at Adamas is, how can I say, uh, my opinion, awful for swims or sunbathing. It's OK just for looking at from waterfront table, as long as you have wheels to access better beaches by day.. I do not have an Adamas place to recommend. Incidentally a map - http://www.seakayakgreece.com/virtualtour.htm - is my current fave, u will note that both places face east-ish, so direct sunset view is not possible. The high town, Plaka, has wonderful sunset views but in mid-Sept would be VERRRY quiet of an evening. The choice is yours. BTW in mid-sept it should be a piece of cake to get a room under $100.
Old Jul 20th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Just as Jan says. Pollonia is the only place where you will be right by the beach so that is your obvious choice.

Not so obvious is, there are many great beaches on Milos many better than Pollonia. If you plan to rent a car then you can explore beaches to your hearts content. That opens up all three locations for your hotel.

While Plaka will be quiet it is the absolute best place for sunset. The views from way up there rivals the Santorini sunset. We visited in June which is equivalent to September and I would suggest that Pollonia and Plaka will both be fairly quiet. Plaka has two excellent tavernas where everyone goes. People gather by the church or their hotel balconies to watch the sunset then everyone congregates at the tavernas for dinner.
Milos 2011 http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanbr5...7632109429236/
Milos 2013 http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanbr5...7634779985764/
Old Jul 20th, 2017, 06:24 AM

We stayed at Nefeli Sunset Studios in Pollonia (also rented a car from them). We had beautiful views of the beach and the sunset. We were there for 3 nights and found some really good restaurants in town, an easy walk from Nefeli.

I cannot remember what the cost was but it might have been around $120. Exchange rate not the best now so could be more.
Old Jul 20th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank your for the helpful advance. Has anyone stayed or know about Klima, the fishing village? It was suggested to me to stay in one of the traditional Sirma houses on the water for a unique experience. It also has a great restaurant.
Old Jul 21st, 2017, 10:25 AM

The colorful fishing village of Klima is definately a must. I'm not sure about a restaurant but just walking along the waterfront and taking in the colorful trim, cats, and views is one of Greece's best experiences.

In addition you'll probably coming down from Tripiti, a lovely hilltop village. Take the path down to the Ancient Catacombs (early Christian period) then continue down till an ancient ampitheater. Along the way you'll find the spot where the Venus di Milos was discovered, along with an ancient stadium, if you can find it, ancient artifacts lying on the ground and if you can make it to the hilltop with the small chapel you'll have outstanding views.

It's probably one the best area of Milos for history, views, tranqulity and peace on the island.