Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Millenium Mayfair Hotel vs. Millenium Knightsbridge Hotel in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 10:15 PM
Errol

Am deciding between the Millenium Mayfair and Knightsbridge--I've searched and can find no information on the Mayfair property and one post on the Knightsbridge property. Does anyone have firsthand experience with either? which do you like more and why? Are they both modern? How about surrounding neighborhods? Is Mayfair more convenient?

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Surlok

Errol,<BR><BR>The Knightsbridge is very modern, at least the public areas have a modern, design style, decor. The rooms tend to the classic style, although they are very functional.<BR><BR>I don't particularly like Mayfair area to stay at. It's beautiful and aristocratic district, but too removed from the sites I want to be in London-- I like to leave the hotel and be able to find a place to eat without having to walk too for too long, or take a taxi or use the tube.<BR><BR>The Knightsbridge is at Sloane St. , close to a few restaurants, Harvey Nichols is one block from the hotel. Harrods is maybe three, four blocks, and the tube station is quite close, about two blocks. <BR><BR>Believe me, Knighsbridge is much more convenient than Mayfair, and a very fashionable neighborhood.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 11:07 PM
Surlok

Errol,<BR><BR>Check the Mayfair hotel info at:<BR><BR>http://www.select.with-us.com/hotel_view.cfm?hotelID=39<BR><BR>And the Knightsbridge info at:<BR><BR>http://www.select.with-us.com/hotel_view.cfm?hotelID=40<BR><BR>

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Ric Brennan

I stayed at the Knightsbridge property in October. Pros: Very modern; right in the middle of designer shopping and Harrods; 2 blocks from Knightsbridge tube (on the Picadilly line which comes from Heathrow and is just three stops from Soho and theaterland); good service (let me check in early, very helpful with directions, reservations, and internet access). Cons: small double room (you could walk around the bed - and that was about it).<BR><BR>Overall, a super location for shopping and a very good location for theater-goers.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Frank

Errol, My wife and I stayed at the Millenium Knightsbridge a coople of years ago when it was called The Chelsea and loved it. Great location and very professional staff. So I will be going back, this time with my son, a Nov. 21-26. Now of course it's owned by the Millenium group and I am looking forward to it. We know that the location is fantastic and, if you're thinking of going sometime after we come back, Nov. 26, I will be glad to give you more specifics.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Errol

thanks for the great knightbridge feedback, we had booked the Mayfair but may switch. I just realized that the Mayfair was the Brittania up until this year--maybe, that's why I haven't gotten any feedback on it! Hopefully, I'll hear something about the Brittania--I just posted about it.