Milan to Nice???

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Sunny

Milan to Nice???

Arriving Milan with 3-4 days before cruise from Nice. Need recommendations as to where to go,including nice hotel(s), restauarants, shopping & sightseeing. Want to stay in Italy, but not sure where. Traveling with husband, 2 twenty-something daughters & son.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Sunny

Should we stay in Milan & take day trips, or travel by train to another city?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Sunny

ttt

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Steve James

Hello Sunny,

I'm not a great lover of Milan and personally wouldn't choose to stay there, - but it depends on your interests.

With only 3/4 days my choice would be between the RIVIERA (Portofino Peninsular, Noli, Alassio ...) or LAKE COMO (Bellagio).

Staying on the RIVIERA would leave you a shorter, more convenient journey to Nice, - and would give you good options for day-trips along the coast by train.

LAKE COMO is close enough to Milan for a day-trip, of course, - and Bellagio is very picturesque.

Let me know if I can be of more help ...

Steve

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Julie

ttt

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Sunny

Thanks Steve for your reply.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Sunny

Girls want shopping & nightlife & all want sightseeing. Where is the best place to stay in between Milan & NIce & do you know a nice hotel?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Ken

Stay in Milan. Can't beat the shopping, great food, nice hotels, nightlife and there is plenty to see in the short time you have before going to Nice. Although Milan is a big city and not a quaint village, it seems to meet your requirements the best. I doubt you will find another ton between Milan and Nice that will staisfy all of you. As Steve says, you can daytrip to Lake Como if you want to get away from the rush of the city.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Sunny

ttt

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Steve James

Sunny - Milan is one of the shopping capitals of Europe, - so if that's a high priority along with nightlife then, as Ken says, it's hard to beat.

Second choice for those would probably be San Remo - which would be convenient if you want to visit Monte Carlo.

Hope this helps ...

Steve

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Joi

We were in Milan last year and are going again in 5 days,we stayed at the Hotel Bonaparte it is great and the service is great as well,it is within walking distance to everything in downtown Milan. Ask them for Rest. reccomendations we did and were not dissapointed,I can't remember the manes only where they are located,sorry.We arrived without a resv.and it was not a problem getting in but that was in June July and august is more difficult. Day trips,go to Lake Como about an hour and a half away. There is so much to see in Milan you'll love it.Have a great trip!

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Sunny

Thanks Joi for your suggestion; I'll check it out.