Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Milan: Linate or Malpensa ? Hotels 150-200 Euros ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying into Milan from Toulouse last week of Feb 2022. My flight into Milan (Linate or Malpensa) really doesnt matter since it's my final inbound destination. But plan to return to Los Angeles around March 8th via Heathrow (Yes, I'm a British Airways frequent flyer). My question is between Linate & Malpensa which airport is likely to have less delays taking off. I have about 2hrs 45min at Heathrow to get to my next flight to Los Angeles. Also any idea on the protocols for the transit passengers in LHR currently though it's likely to change by the time March comes around.

Any good hotels to stay in Milan City Center with a budget of around 150-200 Euros per day (it will be just myself and my wife) ?
Old Jan 1st, 2022, 02:33 AM

Looking at 2020 statistics, you're more likely to experience delays in Malpensa. This airport handles much more passengers than Linate, meaning more flight delays, crowds, and queues at immigration and security. It also has more facilities than Linate, but it is not as close to the city center, making transfer journey times longer.

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning to fly out of Linate for the same reason.