Milan Hotel Recommendation

Old Apr 17th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan Hotel Recommendation

Hello Fodorites,

We are heading to Milan and Bologna in October and will be spending probably just one night in Milan. Can you recommend a hotel that is centrally located, walking distance to sites (maybe this is not possible, I don't know Milan at all). We are in the $300 a night range I would say. Any recommendations would be appreciated. We will fly out of Malpensa but not sure that matters as we want to see the city.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2019, 03:30 PM
TCC

We are heading to Milan and Bologna in October and will be spending probably just one night in Milan. Can you recommend a hotel that is centrally located, walking distance to sites (maybe this is not possible, I don't know Milan at all). We are in the $300 a night range I would say.

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari el Duomo for 3 nights in May. Great location very close to the Duomo and public transportation. Good breakfast and great service Should be around $250 a night.
Old Apr 17th, 2019, 03:32 PM
TCC

“We are heading to Milan and Bologna in October and will be spending probably just one night in Milan. Can you recommend a hotel that is centrally located, walking distance to sites (maybe this is not possible, I don't know Milan at all). We are in the $300 a night range I would say”.

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari el Duomo for 3 nights in May. Great location very close to the Duomo and public transportation. Good breakfast and great service Should be around $250 a night.
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I read the reviews for Hotel Spadari and booked it. It sounds perfect for us. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 09:07 AM

If if isn't too late, look at maitaitom's TR also--they loved their Milan place: We Still Didn’t Drink All The Vino: Mai Tai Tom’s 2018 Return To Italy
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 10:29 AM

We go to Milan a few times a year and always try to stay in the more residential part of the Brera district. Unfortunately, not a lot of hotel choices there, so we usually stay at either the Carlyle Brera Hotel, which is a solid and comfortable 4 star, though not high on charm: Carlyle Brera Hotel, Milan, Italy. Rooms or the Relais Brera B&B, staying in their largest room, the Dell Angelo suite. Milano Brera Relais | bed & breakfast , which does have charm.

From either, it's an easy walk to the Duomo through a great neighborhood. Lots of cafes, restaurants, etc. Well within your budget.