Reload this Page >

Michelin Route Planner website

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 06:39 AM
Paul

I'm planning a trip for next summer and thought others who haven't seen the Michelin Route Planner website may find it helpful. The route planner allows you to enter a starting point and destination along with intermediate stopping points. It then gives you a sketch map and tells you the number of kilometers and estimated time for the trip. They also offer a more detailed information service that lists information on hotels and restaurants, etc. <BR> <BR>Unlike US sites such as MapQuest, you do have to pay for the service. The basic km/time planner costs $5.46USD to set up an account and plan ten trips. <BR> <BR>I've found the site helpful in determining whether a side trip I'm considering is 'do-able'. You'll find the site at: <BR>http://www.michelin-travel.com/

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 04:10 PM
Ismael Libanio

I know the Michelin Route Planner website, but I think it is expensive. <BR>I have the AutoMap software that gives me the same information. <BR>Unfortunately the AutoMap was bought by Microsoft and they put it aside. <BR>Now Microsoft has launched a soft for travelling by car in Europe (I don't remember the name)but it is not sold in US. <BR>Ismael

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 04:17 PM
Ismael Libanio

The name of the soft is MS Autoroute Europe 98. <BR>Ismael

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 04:19 PM
Ismael Libanio

The name of the sofware is MS Autoroute Europe 98 <BR>Ismael

Old Oct 25th, 1998, 06:21 PM
nickie

Shell also has an excellent site for mapping your route at no charge.