Metro Tickets to Versailles

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Michele

Metro Tickets to Versailles

We plan on buying a 5 day Paris Visit card for zones 1-3.

My question is that because Versailles is in zone 4 how do we buy the additional fare?

Do we buy the entire fare ticket covering 4 zones or 1 zone ticket? If we bought only the additional 1 zone ticket, how would we get through the turnstiles by using BOTH the Paris Visit card AND the additional ticket?

Confusing, I know.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 11:44 AM
jane

Michele-
I hope I'm remembering correctly. We used our zone1-3 ticket to the station where we changed for the leg to Versailles. We then bought the ticket for the rest of the trip. This maynot be very clear, but was actually quite easy to do.
Jane

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Michele

Jane:

Thank you so much. That makes perfect sense. So, we will travel to the Invalides Metro Station by our Paris Visit Card. Then, we will purchase a separate ticket to go on the RER C line to Versailles.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 01:11 PM
clairobscur

Yep. That's what you will do.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Howard

If you don't have museum passes that day to use at Versailles, you can purchase Versailles admission tickets when you buy your RER tickets at the station. It'll save waiting in line at the palace.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Anita

We bought our tickets for the RER to Versailles as well as the pass to the palace at the station. It was great because the pass to Versailles gave us a free audio tour rental & free garden tour included. I wasn't sure if the regular tickets bought at Versailles would have included all that. Plus we avoided the line. Very wise move.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Jessie

Just returned Saturday from a week in Paris (after 4 weeks traveling around France)...metro line C has been closed for the last month due to repairs. I believe it opens up again in early September. Getting to Versailles is therefore a little more complicated. Just a head's up. (I had leased a car and before we headed in to the city we spent a day at Versailles, another at Fontainebleau, and another at Giverny.)

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 03:16 AM
chris

Only a few stops are closed on Metro Line C for maintenance until next month(St. Michel/Notre Dame, d'Orsay). For the Versailles direction it starts at the Invalides station. I know I was also there last week and went to Versailles from Invalides.