Meteora

Jul 1st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Meteora

Okay, initally I wanted to go to Meteora via Delphi. After consulting with viaMichelin, I learned that the Athens-Delphi drive is 2 1/2 hrs and Delphi-Meteora drive is about 5...in total 7. This is in contrast to the Athens-Meteora drive which is just about 5 hrs. So now I'm thinking about just going to Meteora and skipping Delphi. Can anybody recommend good stops on the way to Meteora for lunch/sightseeing?
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM

Curious, Live Maps puts the distance/time from Delphi to Meteora at 131 miles, 2 hours and 49 minutes

http://maps.live.com/#JnJ0cD0lN2UmcnRvcD0wJTdlMA==

Has anyone done this who can give a realistic time?
Jul 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM
GBC

You could use google to recheck the time/distance issue BUT, given the option, I wouldn't prefer Meteora to Delphi.
Jul 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM

aww id not miss delphi
if you do an overnighter and spend a day travelling to kalambaka/ meteora so be it
nothing much to see otherwise...mind you we took a bus tour from athens that took us to delphi and then on to kalambaka
( we didnt go to the oracle cos wed already been but it was still nice to see the village again)
i much prefer the smaller towns in greece to athens
Jul 7th, 2008, 03:57 AM

Looking at this again, I am starting to be suspicious about Viamichelin's timings. In the route details it shows at 144 miles a time of 3hours 48 - at the destination, 147 miles and 4 hours 43 minutes. Something is odd here - unless the last 3 miles are on foot!

I'll be doing this journey in September, so I'll find our for sure!