Matt Malloy's Photos

Search

Matt Malloy's Photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Malloy's Photos

I have an unusual request. My daughter just phoned me from Doolin and is heartbroken because she just accidentally erased her memory card on her camera. She will be missing alot of photos, unless she can recover them upon return but is especially down over the loss of photos taken on Tuesday Evening at Matt Malloy's Pub in Westport. There was an older gentleman singing and she took many photos of him and felt he was a wonderful singer and very funny. I do not know his name but did write to Malloys to try and get this info. In the meantime if anyone here has any photos from the pub that they would be willing to share with me I would be so thrilled to have these for her upon her return. If you do have any, could you let me know here and then I will post my email address for you to send them. Thank you so much in advance.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM

hold on! there was advice here before about how to restore 'deleted' photos. there are services that can do this. someone will post to advise you!
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM

Hi

Have a look at this thread - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34839029

Good luck
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 04:46 PM

I tried one of the photo recovery sites mentioned in those earlier threads, and it totally worked. I cost me about $20 to download the program but, I was very happy to cover the pics from a corrupted disk over a year old - well worth it.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to you all for the replies. My daughter thought she was formatting the camera and somehow re-formatted the card thus erasing the photos so it is not really a corrupt card we are dealing with. However when she returns she will be trying one of the sites that you have all mentioned above and hopefully it will work. However in the meantime and in case it does not work I would still love a photo from Matt Malloys if anybody has one.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:36 AM

You could 'lift' a couple from these sites, if only using for personal photo album...

http://www.mattmolloy.com/pub_about.html
http://www.pretentia.com/celticadventure/molloys.jpg
http://www.chulrua.com/mattmolloys_09-24-04.JPG

Old Oct 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
egnolive

Lyban,
I wasnt' at Matt Malloy's on Tuesday, but I was there about two weeks ago. There was an older gentleman there who sangs songs and I have one picture of him. I think he is a regular there, so he probably is the same guy. If you post your email address I will try and send you the picture.

Old Oct 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Egnolive,
I would be so grateful for that. Here is my email:
[email protected]
You can send the original size as I have good email service. Thank-you again so much.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
egnolive

Lyban,
I sent the picture. Hope you got it - I am not very good at computer stuff, so let me know through a post if there was a problem.
egnolive

Old Oct 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

egnolive,
I have not received it yet but maybe it is just a slow day for email. I will give it another few hours and then let you know. Thanks.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM

Just curious whether this was the same gentleman who was there when we were there last March. Was he with the band or at a table with other patrons?
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM

First of all . . tell her not to use the memory card . . using will make it impossible to recover the images.

I have used "Recover my Photos" to salvage images on several cards successfully . .

http://www.recovermyphotos.com/
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Yes, I told her not to use her card and when she gets home we will try the recovery methods.
As for the gentleman, I think he sings many evenings there. She told me he was an older man and sang with no added music. I think many people must have seen and heard him which is why I posted here asking for a photo and name if anyone has it. I am still waiting for Egnolives email.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 06:47 PM

lyban, sounds like it's the same guy. I wanted to take a picture of him but felt awkward about it as he was at our table. I'll look through our pictures though and see whether I find anything worth e-mailing to you. We wound up moving next door and took far more pictures there than in Matt Molloy's. But I think I may have a couple.
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM

I only found one. But you should have mail, lyban.

Actually, if she is able to recover hers, do you think she might be willing to share one of that singer? Assuming it is the same guy, I'd love to have a picture of him.

Meanwhile, if you know of any other photos in that area that she'd like to have, I'll be glad to check to see whether I have any.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Egnolive:
I have still not received your photo, could you please send it again and check that you have the right email:
[email protected]
Caph52:
Thanks again, and if we can recover photos, I will for sure send one to you.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Thanks, lyban! And good luck!
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM
egnolive

Lyban

Sorry about that. I got confused because your screen name is lyban, but your email is lynban. I will try again.

egnolive

Old Oct 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Egnolive
I just received it. Thank you so much.
My daughter will be very happy when she returns. I am assuming it is the older man in the middle that did the singing.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM
egnolive

Yes, its the older gentleman with the glasses. He is quite a singer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -