Reload this Page >

marrying In Italy

Search

marrying In Italy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 10:28 AM
Peggy & Jeff

marrying In Italy

Hello... <BR>I've been desperately trying to find some information regarding getting married in Italy. <BR>We are planning to marry the first week in October. <BR>We are hoping to get married in the Como, Lake Maggorie area. I don't know if this is too much to ask, but we were also hoping to be married in a Vineyard/resort area. <BR> <BR>Presently, we've been able to meet with the Consulate office in Detroit, our hometown. But I have had a hard time reaching the Mayor's office, of whichever city we decide to marry in. <BR> <BR>In the event that you have any suggestions that would help us locate a beautiful ceremony site we'd be so appreciative. <BR> <BR>As well, after our wedding, (which will be just the two of us), we plan to do a whirlwind tour of the country. our exact dates will be from 10/1 through 10/19. Some of our travel destinations include Florence, Venice, The Italian Riveria, the Amafi Coast, Rome, Siena, and whatever else we can squeeze in. <BR> <BR>At this point we have our airfare, a rough idea of the train/rail schedules, and a rough idea of when and where and how long we'll need a car. <BR> <BR>Please feel free to submit any information that you may think could enhance our trip. Obviously this is something we really want to relish and take everything in that we possibly can. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Peggy & Jeff

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 10:42 AM
kam

MUST you marry in Italy??? I know it can be done, don't know the details and know it involves tremendous red tape, some which you're already experiencing. A friend of ours was married for the second time at the San Pietro Hotel in Positano which is an incredibly beautiful site--I guess by the mayor of Positano. I know he started first with the hotel and they helped him to do it. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive hotel, and his marriage only lasted a year (so I don't want to ask all the details of how to do it) I think it would be better to have a short ceremoney here and then a wonderful Italian honeymoon! Congrats. <BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 1998, 02:15 PM
Valerie

<BR>Dear Peg, <BR> My husband and I married in Italy (Florence) about three years ago. We used a company here in the States that did everything for us... all the red tape..paper work...etc... we just showed up in wedding gown and tux. They arranged flowers, photographer ...anything you want. It starts at $2000. and goes up.. You can do it all for $2000. even though cheaply. The company is located in New York or upper New Jersey .. I forget... but just call for info for "Grand Luxe" If you e-mail me.. I will search here at home for the # and address. good luck...

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 03:00 PM
John

Peggy & Jeff, <BR>A wedding in Italy needn't cost you much at all - I was married in Venice 3 years ago - BUT there is some red tape that you need to organise well before you leave home and you should allow a few days in Rome to get required documents there from your embassy, THEN a few days locally to get the final permits. It helps if you speak Italian for the last bit. If you want more details please email me.

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 04:36 PM
Peggy/Jeff

Thanks so much for the responses to our initial E-mail, I do understand that there is red tape. However, I'm wondering if there is red tape that I can conquer now, as opposed to when we arrive. Obviously we want to absorb as much of the country and it's tourist site as possible, not the government, at this point we have our Atto Notorio ducument, our birth certificates, and our airline reservations. <BR> <BR>Anyone with this experience and some worldly advice would be so much appreciated. <BR> <BR>We definately want to marry in Italy, and are willing to contend with the necessary red tape, etc. <BR> <BR>Please feel free to contact us via E-mail at: [email protected]. <BR> <BR>It will only be the two of us so we don't need a hall, and we'll only need a civil ceremony. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your consideration.

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 05:22 PM
Tony

<BR>You can't go wrong marrying anywhere in Italy. Nicely done, and Congratulations. We were recently in Positano and stayed at one of the most fabulous jewels in Italy -- the Mercanto hotel. I'm away from home so I don't have the fax no., but it's listed in the Rick Steve book on Italy. It's about 200,000 lira per night, including breakfast. The rooms are absolutely huge, tile floors, and a deck with a fabulous panaramic view of the water and the town. A big plus -- they have a parking lot. Most of the tourists were Italian.