Marriott hotel in Rome

Search

Marriott hotel in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott hotel in Rome

I understand there are two new Marriotts opening in Rome in 2004. One is at the airport (which I'm not interested in) but the other is called the Marriott Aurelia. I can't get any information on the neighborhood it is in but the street name is Via Colonnello Tomaso Masala. I was told it is 10 miles from the airport and 9 miles from 'downtown'. Does anyone know where this street might be located? I know location is important when staying in Rome but I'm trying to use my Marriott points and the Flora is sold out. Any details on this hotel or location?
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 12:36 PM

Hi Maggy, you can just add comments or type "ttt" (to the top) to your first posting instead of beginning a new one each time
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 01:41 PM

I found an online press release about this hotel in which it said it was located "ten minutes from the airport." This sounds to me like it is outside Rome, close to the airport but not in the airport like the other new hotel. My extensive map of Rome does not show this street. Sorry.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 12:21 AM

The hotel is located quite a distance from central Rome, and past the EUR on the way to the airport. It is on the main airport road, on a hill to the right as you are approaching the airport. (Those of you traveling to an from the airport can see it quite clearly at this point of construction.) It will be a very large convention hotel. If the Flora is full, it would be a good option. I believe they will offer a shuttle to the airport and to downtown Rome, which would make it a bit more convenient.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
MileKing

From personal experience and that reported on flyertalk.com, to successfully use Marriott points at the Flora you typically need to book at least 8-9 months in advance during low season and 11-12 months in advance during high season