Marbella/Nerja dilemna

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 07:51 AM
confused

Marbella/Nerja dilemna

One week but where? Nerja=quaint fishing village-well thought of on this board but a little distant from the center of Andalucia by the looks of the map.
Marbella=centre of things- closer to white village towns of Ronda, Casares, etc. but sounds to be touristy and not as nice as Nerja.
Please help me decide!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:51 PM
topping

ttt

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:24 AM
sandi

If you want to take a day trip to Granada, you can do so from Nerja but not very well from Marbella..Nerja is the way Marbella would have been 20 years ago.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:16 AM
me too

i have been wondering the same thing - i can't seem to get a good feel for what the better choice is for people who areinterested in a quaint old world feel but also like nightlife - any help????

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Ellen

Yes, someone please help. I am staying in Estepona for 5 days and hoping to do a day trip to Seville and a day trip to Ronda. Then we move on to Granada for 2 days. Am I making a mistake? Should we opt for Nerja instead of Estepona and forget about Seville?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Myriam

If I were to choose between Estepona and Nerja, this would be an easy one: Nerja!
If it were between Marbella and Nerja, I would vote for Marbella. Nerja is very lovely but also rather small and more oriented on families with children and elderly people. What I like about Marbella is the old town, the marina at Puerto Banus, the shopping, the numerous restaurants and bars. There's always something to do and you're very close to the highlights of Andalucía.
Marbella is touristy but so is Nerja.
If you have a car you could easily take a daytrip to Nerja (which is only 120 km and about 1 hr drive on the highway) and visit Frigiliana, which is my favourite white village.