Reload this Page >

Man is it QUIET!!

Search

Man is it QUIET!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Bob

Man is it QUIET!!

Sure can tell that the current events and recent events have put a big damper on travel as this board is VERY SLOW AND QUIET. Used to be jumping and new posts all the time. Not much now. Sad but sure understandable. <BR> <BR>I would not blame anyone if they had second thoughts about travele to Europe right now, although I personally think it would be OK. Of course, if you are American then you could possibly be targeted if you broadcast it too much. Probably pretty thin chance though. <BR> <BR>Well we will have to hope that this ends soon and we can get back to some sort of normal (we can NEVER go back to the "normal" we had before 9-11 though). <BR> <BR>Happy travels and be brave!

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 10:32 AM
xxx

Maybe its because Fodors has started censoring free speech and deleting peoples posts. <BR> <BR>p.s. we'll see how long this one lasts

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 11:15 AM
hmmmm

quiet? slow? sure, no complaints on long airport lines as everything is slow nowadays... were is travel slow now? gimme one example! (except TV media of corse!)

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Dawn

A very good friend of mine has a travel agency and she reported to me business is down about 90%. She has sold $2,000 worth of tickets since Monday.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 12:17 PM
No Name

I love it! Another pro-censorship person being rude and obnoxious. <BR> <BR>Oh, the delicious irony.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Capo

Can anyone hear a Fodors pin drop? :^)

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 12:44 PM
sandiq

I think we should confine to travel, but some of the "I'm too scared" have been taken away, and others with negative notions...these are part of travel and should stay.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 02:28 PM
lurker

It's quiet because our regular posters aren't travelling and believe in only responding to travel questions., which there is not alot but more flaming and insults. And mainly because we are all glued to the tv to see what is developing these horrid days.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 02:39 PM
What

Depends on how you define quiet. Do you mean there are less political posts and responses about what is going on? <BR> <BR>I am definitely anti-censorship, but I am getting tired of the comments about what is going on. A lot of it is breeding hysteria. There were some very intellengently written comments in some posts, but a few idiots would ruin it. So let there be no more topical posts, only travel posts. This is somewhat of an analogy to whats going on in the world - a few mindless jerks are ruining things for the rest of us. <BR> <BR>I watch the news but I am not "glued" to my TV. I am cautious but I am not depressed. I am working and getting on with my life and glad to come to this site to plan my trip for next year. <BR> <BR>So I hope the people who do have the urge to post a non travel related item would think twice and NOT do it.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Nothing Going

What: <BR>Bored because you can't find any travel questions to read or answer? Is that why you read and answered this thread?

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 07:12 PM
Carl

It's quiet because alot of new comers are doing alot of flamming rather than talking travel. The regular serious ones want no part of that.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 07:28 PM
xxx

I second that. There aren't too many people travelling overseas right now, and there has been such ugliness on this board that I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a lot of the regular Fodorites for good!