Malta for honeymoon?

Search

Malta for honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malta for honeymoon?

I posted a couple days ago about Greece/Spain/Portugal for my honeymoon...but today I came across an article about Malta and it piqued my interest.

I'm not finding too much info on Malta on here yet (although I haven't had time to sit down and do a proper search). Would there be enough to keep us busy there for roughly two weeks, or is Malta best combined with another trip, like Sicily? Thanks!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:54 AM

If you like to really relax on the beach then maybe 2 weeks would be OK on Malta but otherwise you can easily see and do most things of interest within a week.

Valetta is a pretty city. Mdina is definitely worth a visit. We also drove to the overlook of the Blue Grotto. It's a great view but I'd have also liked to have done a boat trip there.
You could also visit Gozo either for a day trip or to stay. It is much quieter than Malta.
I'd definitely split my time if I had 2 weeks.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

I'm not a huge beach person...I'm thinking if we went to Malta we'd probably stay a week and combine with another trip...Greece?? Would that be doable? I have no idea what flights are like, etc to get there.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:57 AM

If you're going to Greece it would be simpler and more cost effective to visit one of the Greek islands. I've been to Crete but again it was all about the beach for me. Knossos? is less than impressive after Athens.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...lots of thinking to do!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Malta is a great destination, but IMHO, you could see and do a lot in a week at a comfortable pace. I agree that combining Malta with another destination would be better, that way you could experience another culture. Have you considered Italy, especially Silicy. These 2 countries are so very close together than you wouldn't have much travel time between them. Another option would be to visit Tunis for something quite unique. We used Academic Tours for our trip (air/hotel package only-independent once we got to Malta) and were very happy with them. www.academictours.com, if you're interested!

Malta is much more of a European getaway than that of Americans, and English is widely spoken. Like in England, Maltese drive on the LEFT, so beware when you're crossing a street! ENJOY!
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 09:08 AM

If you want to combine another country i suggest sicily, you can fly there or go by ferry. While in Malta you must visit Gozo, malta's sister island ,but smaller,quiter and less built up. No need to hire a car in Malta but i recommend to do so in Gozo, easy to drive there, not much traffic except for victoria, the capital city