Reload this Page >

Malpensa Airport to Bellagio by car

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Noel Abela

Dear Foders, <BR>Which is the quickest route from Malpensa Airport to Bellagio of the following trips: <BR>a) Driving straight to Bellagio via the western shore of Lake Como <BR>or <BR>b)Driving straight to Cadenabbia and taking the ferry boat to Bellagio <BR> <BR>Because from what I read the eastern shoreline to Bellagio is too winding and narrow, so I might be caught in traffic next August. <BR> <BR>Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. <BR> <BR>Best regards <BR> <BR>Noel

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 04:42 AM
metoo

topping

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Howard

You're probably better with Option A. We drove to Bellagio OFF SEASON and it took us over an hour to drive there from the city of Como. And, during August, it would probably take longer. <BR>But, it is a very pretty ride!

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Howard

Oops, I'm sorry, I mean take Option B!

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 07:26 AM
metoo

I have a map of Lake Como and can't find <BR>Cadenabbia on it. Since I will be going <BR>from Bellagio to Malpensa I am particularly interested in this question. If Howard recommends Option B <BR>I guess I really need to know if I should be doing the same and where the heck is Cadenabbia??

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:22 AM
coco

Back to the original post: to drive directly to Bellagio from Como, you will go up the EAST side of the lake, and yes, it is a winding narrow road that can take x-amount of time depending on the viccicitudes of local drivers (at places it is only 1.5 lanes wide!), never mind the "though" traffic. But as Howard says, so what...it's a beautiful drive and what's the hurry! <BR> The drive up the WEST side of the lake is flat and straight and smooth going, even with heavier traffic, pretty much keeps moving along. To get to Bellagio most directly, I'd drive to Menaggio and cross there by ferry.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:30 AM
coco

Oops...the "vicissitudes" of spelling