Search

Mallorca

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2003, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mallorca

My husband and I are leaning towards Mallorca over Menorca for 4 days in June. With that being said, can anyone recommend hotels that are not in Palma?
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

We decided on Mallorca, so my next question is, has anyone stayed at Hotel Los Geranios in the Port of Soller? We are thinking about going to Soller, Deia and maybe head back to Palma.
Old May 29th, 2003, 02:53 AM

I don't know anything about that particular hotel, but I can tell you this. I would pick Valldemosa over Deia. I just returned from Mallorca and Deia was a HUGE disappointment. Valldemosa was beautiful. We spent an 1 /12 there as opposed to the 15 minutes in Deia. Unless you are stopping for lunch in Deia, there really was not much else to the very small town with almost no parking.
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Can you recommend any hotels in Valldemosa?
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:14 AM

Hiya, I'm afraid I'm going to disagree with travlbum as we spent a week in Deia in February this year in a vacation rental and just loved it. There are excellent cafes and restaurants (especially the wonderful 'Sebastian') and the village is very pretty. The beach/bay is very small but cute and a nice walk from the village (bit steep on the way back up). We went to Valdemossa a couple of times and it is pretty too, but even in February it seemed to be mobbed with tour buses in the centre. Still, I'm sure either would be good but don't exclude Deia yet!
There are some nice places to stay and good advice at i-escape.com, we used them successfully last year booking hotels for our trip to Andalucia.