Search

Mallemort Area Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mallemort Area Advice

Hello!

We are a family of 8 adults and 3 kids traveling for 3 weeks to France in July. We were able to locate a rental that meets our requirements in Mallemort on Pont Royal Golf Course. I would like to know more about this area before we secure the property. We would like to of course see the Provence region and drive around, so this would be our base and we will have a car.

Any thoughts and insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in Advance
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 06:24 AM

It's about a B- location. You'll be doing a lot of driving to get to the sites most people want to visit. But if this trip is July this year, most A+ to B+ locations will most likely be snatched up by now. We secure our A location gite in Provence more than 1 year in advance.

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Is it really ON the golf course? That, in July, would put me off right away. As for location, it's not ideal, but manageable. The town itself is fairly dull for a provençal town. However, as Stu notes, the best properties will have been snatched up long ago. And you have 11 people, which narrows the field considerably, though being in a quiet town at the end of the day might be welcome with a crowd like that. I hope that you'll have more than "A car!"
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 08:53 AM

Hi. We've walked through the Pont Royal resort many times although we've never stayed there. It's like a medieval village on a hilltop except when you get there, it is all new. They have little stores and a central square with lots of fun activities for children (and adults) and restaurants. The golf course is right beside and around it but you won't have any dealings with the golf course unless you choose to play golf. We used to walk there in the evenings and it's quite pleasant when the golfers are gone.

We found the drive to nearby sights quite easy. We visited Arles, the Camargue, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Aigues-Mortes, Roussillon, Lourmarin, Les Baux (although I don't recommend that in July because of the heat and crowds) and Saint-Remy-de-Provence. There are also abbeys, churches and Roman ruins in the area. There is a tremendous amount to do and you will have no trouble filling a couple weeks . . . or more.

Enjoy.
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 08:56 AM

BTW, Pont Royal is a tiny village, but nearby is Mallemort which is quite charming. Hike up to the Old Town and walk through it. At the ruined chateau there is a marvelous view of the Durance River Valley. It is also a very friendly little town which is always nice. There are a couple good restaurants and an excellent supermarket there.