Malaucene transportation

Dec 29th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Malaucene transportation

I will not have a car and want to get to Malaucene in Provence. I understand that one can get there by taxi from Avignon, but I do not know the name of the taxi company. Is there a town nearer to Malaucene that can be reached by public transportation and would have a taxi?
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:26 PM

There are probably several taxi companies in Avignon. How are you getting to Avignon? If by train, there should be taxis at the train station. If you're staying in a hotel in Avignon, have the hotel call one for you. Here's the site for the Malaucène Tourist Office - if nothing else works, email them and ask.

http://www.tourisme.fr/office-de-tourisme/malaucene.htm
Dec 29th, 2004, 11:41 PM

Malaucène is just on the other side of Carpentras. So you could look into taking a bus from Avignon to Carpentras (just ask at the tourist office in Avignon) and then I am sure there are buses quite regularly from Carpentras to Malaucène - nice village, by the way. I am sure you'll enjoy it and the surrounding countryside is very pretty.

-Kevin
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

StCirq and Kevin, thanks very much for your replies. From the website I found the e-mail address for the Malaucene tourist office, but my message was rejected. I was able to send an e-mail to the Carpentras tourist office though. My itinerary is not firm yet except for the time in Malaucene from June 4-11 where I will be hiking with a group. I have thought about taking the train from Paris to Brive on May 28,renting a car there, spending a few days in the Dordogne area, driving south and returning the car in Avignon. I am open to any suggestions.

Dec 30th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Hi, Keke:

If you're interested in the Dordogne, I'd be more than happy to help out. It's my second home and I know a bit about the area.
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Dear StCirq,
Thanks for your offer of more information on the Dordogne. I have seen some of your replies and value your knowledge. I would like to ask some questions. I am new to this forum, is there a way for me to direct my inquiries to you or indicate in some way that I want you to read the message?

Keke
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:04 AM

>>> is there a way for me to direct my inquiries to you or indicate in some way that I want you to read the message?
<<<

Ask questions on this message board, like you already have done. That way we all can beneift from St Cirq's (and others) reply. Just post a new inquery & title it something like "Dordogne questions" I'm sure St Cirq will answer it as soon as she can.

Stu Dudley
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:15 PM

Keke:

Just post here (start a new thread if you like). Unless I'm traveling, which I'm not for the next couple of months, I'll see your post and respond.