Malaga area in March

Jan 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Malaga area in March

Plan: to go to a Mediterranean country at the beginning of March. We're looking for a week to 10 day break from Winter. Some sun, sightseeing, nice food and wine. Not interested in beaches but prefer authentic places. I understand Malaga is nice. Any suggestions most welcome.
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM

You should probably check weather data at wundergound or some similar website, but Malaga is a great city. Ten days might be a bit much, but there are plenty of great places within a few hours, such as Ronda.
Search "Malaga" here because a forum regular has provided much information about it.
Jan 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM

I guess that's me...click on my name.
Daytrips from Malaga to interesting authentic places: Ronda indeed, Antequera and nearby Archidona, Frigiliana/Nerja. Also some towns in the interior, either Axarquia (east) or Montes de Malaga (north).
Jan 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Yes--thank you josele. Unfortunately I did not know of your posts before my brief visit in Malaga, but since then I have appreciated your in-depth posts about that little gem among the high rises.
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Our time in southern Spain was enjoyed with time in Granada, Nerja, afternoon in Gibraltar, Tarifa (from where we did a day trip dolphin watching and another day trip to Moroco), afternoon stop in Jerez, Aros de la Frontetera, Sevilla, and Cordoba. We drove to these places and stayed two or three nights each. We drove past Malaga.