Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Make Scavi San Pietro reservations very early

Notices

Old May 19th, 2001, 06:38 AM
John

I tried to make reservations for the Scavi San Pietro tour five weeks ahead of my arrival in Rome. With five days in Rome, I thought there would be no problem. Guess what?
I just got an email saying ""mi dispiace, we have no available space on tour."

We'll be in Rome June 8. So, a word to the wise, if you want to take the scavi San Pietro tour, book very far in advance.

John

Old May 19th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Nedda

Is the Scavi San Pietro tour the same thing as St.Peter's? If not what is it?

Old May 19th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Capo

San Pietro is the same as St. Peter's, but the Scavi tours (to the best of my knowledge anyway) are tours underneath St. Peter's, not in the Basilica itself. (Scavi = Excavation)

Old May 19th, 2001, 08:57 AM
John

Sorry. Yes, San Pietro is St. Peter's and the scavi tour is the tour beneath St. Peter's. Evidently, very popular.
John

Old May 19th, 2001, 08:59 AM
xxx

Web address to make reservations, per favore?

Old May 19th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Meg

You can find information on the tour at
http://www.twenj.com/romevatican.htm#necropolis and make a reservation by sending an email to: [email protected]. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear back right away. I hadn't heard from them for a week and had given up, but then received an email offering us a time, and this was just a couple of weeks before our trip next week, so I guess we were lucky.

Old May 19th, 2001, 03:14 PM
donna

I will be in Rome early July and made my Scavi tour request about a week and a half ago.

I e-mailed and got an auto e-mail that they receievd my request and would let me know. Then a few days later got an e-mail with my time and date and the payment information.