Majorca Hotel Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2023, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fodorites. Thinking about going to Majorca in early September with my husband next year for about five or six nights. Just beginning my research but think we would like to stay near or on the beach. Would love to hear any recommendations you might have for hotel and if you think the weather would still be nice and warm early to mid September. I guess our budget is around $600 a night give or take....more if it's a really nice hotel experience and special. Don't care much about night life besides a nice and/or casual dinner.

Thank you very much for any tips/recommendations, etc.
Old Oct 25th, 2023, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of people who travel to Mallorca don't see beyond Palma for a short stay, but have a look at the northern end of the island and in particular at Pollenca. It is a small place with a real Catalan/Spanish feel. It has a lovely main square (Plaza Major) and a good choice of restaurants and hotels. We usually stay at the \hotel Son Sant Jordi, two minutes walk from the square. It has a small pool and lovely rooms.
From Pollenca you can explore the area, from Lluc to Alcudia and beyond and the enormous weekly market in Inca. With a car you are only 45 minutes from Palma if you want to see the Cathedral and city.
Old Oct 25th, 2023, 03:29 AM

Ditto to Rubicund´s recommendation of Pollenca, a charming, atmospheric town on the northern end of the island. It´s where we have stayed as well.

The Port de Pollensa is just a short drive away with an expansive beach.
It you have your heart set on a beachside location and not a picturesque medieval town, in Port de Pollensa with an expensive beach, the Hotel Illa d'Or Wellness & Spa Hotel is lovely, at the end of the Pine Walk, and has its own smaller beach, pool and a yacht. Also the restaurant serves fine meals, with a terrace that sits next to the water. It´s a 4-star SUP, not a 5-star. The double rooms with sea views might come within your budget in mid September (rates include breakfast). A friend of ours stayed there last September.
https://www.hotelillador.com
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...la-d-or-hotel/

We also like the western end of the island in the Tramuntana, which for me which has the most striking scenery. During our stay in Sóller we had the chance to visit the Hotel Espléndido in Port de Sóller, directly facing the beach.
For a beach side location on this very scenic western part of the island, it would be my choice. The large rooms with terrace and sea views, measuring 36 square meters, would be lovely and well within your budget. And the weather in early to mid September should be nice and warm. Just a caveat for some: it's a family friendly hotel during the summer, so if you don't want to be among families, go in mid September after schools have resumed session, when it will be much quieter.

https://www.esplendidohotel.com
https://www.i-escape.com/esplendido-hotel

Port de Sóller also has a number of nice places to dine, both "fancy" (Agapanto, Randemar) and casual (El Sabor)

The most luxurious hotel in Port de Sóller is the 5-star Jumeirah Hotel & Spa. It's not near the beach but instead sits high above the town on a cliff. And a sea view room in September would be well beyond your budget.

Old Oct 27th, 2023, 01:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maribel, you're absolutely right about the Jumeirah in P de Soller. A mountain (inlan d) view starts at just over £700 per night. If you've got the cash, it's a lovely hotel. Sea views start at around £850 for a nice room, junior suites up to around £1050. Is it worth it? Yes it is.
Old Nov 9th, 2023, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all. Lots to research I think!
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone know about car rentals? We are now heading straight to Valdemossa for a few nights and then will drive back to stay in Palma for a few nights and would love to get rid of the car without traveling back to the airport. We would then just take a taxi back to the airport. I have emailed our hotel in Palma as well. Thank you!
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 07:44 AM

We rented our car in Port de Sóller at CROAUTO and used it for our 4 nights in Sóller and 4 nights in Pollensa and dropped it off at the airport before starting our 7 night stay in Palma, since the airport was on the way. We took a taxi from the airport to our Palma lodging.

https://croauto.webcar.rent