Maira and Pedro

Jul 16th, 2001, 04:38 PM
YYY

Maira and Pedro

Where oh where have you gone?

Jul 17th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Maira

Oh, my gosh, how nice to be missed! It's been a crazy busy summer and I haven't had as much time as ususal to spend at this forum (bummer). Even so, I do check in once in a while, but limit myself to post only about Spain and read about Rome (Nov trip). Thank you YYY.

Jul 17th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Myer

I guess you were missed by someone.
Does this mean I can get back to planning my trip?

Jul 17th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Maira

Hey, where YOU'd been? I was wondering about your trip, you still have hotels and a couple of details to square away, right? How is it going?

Jul 18th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Myer

Maira,

Well, since you asked....

We booked the Iberia special from Miami to Madrid (oh God!! Iberia). Couldn't resist the price. Hopefully that is not an indication of what we'll get.

Staying in Madrid 4 days (3 nights) planning a day trip to Toledo. Reservations at Carlos V (my daughter stayed there about a month ago).

Taking the AVE in the evening of the 4th day to Seville. (what is the difference between the 3 classes of travel on this train? I appears they serve meals on the 2 upper classes.)

Staying in Seville 3 days (3 nights) planning a day trip to Cordoba. Reservations at Juderia.

Taking evening train to Granada. 1 day in Granada. Hotel not selected yet. Thinking of Inglaterra, Triunfo Granada, Carmen, Tryp Albayzin. Any suggestions? Thought of the Parador but it is booked. Inquired about Alhambra Palace but also booked.

Not exactly sure of plans from here. We are leaning to not renting a car from Granada.

If we rent a car from Granada we'll spend 2 nights (1 day) in Granada and leave in the morning to Marbella (possibly stopping in Nerja for a quick look) for 2 days (2 nights).

If we don't rent a car we'll probably leave Granada (by bus) in the evening of our day there and arrive in Marbella at 23:00 staying there 2 days and 3 nights.

In the 2 days there would like to somehow see a few of Nerja and Frigliani, Ojen (maybe Mijas but not sure), Casares. Are there bus or minibus excursions to these nearby towns?

We'll then get to Malaga airport in the morning and fly to Madrid for a 17:00 flight back to Miami.

Maira, thanks for your great help. I feel like we're partners in this. Any help you can offer for the end of the trip would be appreciated.

Jul 18th, 2001, 04:50 AM
Myer

Forgot to add. leaving 9/26 returning 10/7.
Thinking of staying at el Fuerte in Marbella. Any reason why not?