mailing costs from Europe?

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:38 AM
Lora

mailing costs from Europe?

What does it cost to mail packages back from Italy and Germany? thanks.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Danna

Lora, <BR> <BR>I don't know about those countries, but we mailed back souveniors, books, brochures etc from the UK and Ireland. They were kind of heavy boxes about maybe 12x4x 8 or so. We sent back 3 and paid around $25 each. It was fun to recieve them after our return. More importantly we didn't have to lug all that stuff around. Have fun!

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Rex

Back to where? Since you wrote your question in English, I suppose we are to assume that you mean England. <BR> <BR>Or Canada. <BR> <BR>Or Australia. <BR> <BR>Or South Africa. <BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Rex

I'm sorry - - maybe it doesn't matter - - there seem to be only two rates at http://www.deutschepost.de/applicati...se/index.html- - "national" and "international". <BR> <BR>I think in Italy, you can put whatever postage you want to on it. It won't get home anyhow. <BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:18 PM
observer

Lora don't pay any to this JERK! <BR>Hope someone with real information can help you.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Danna

Observer, Jerk, Moi?

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Rex

Alright, observer - - where do you think Lora's packages are going back to? <BR> <BR>And the real serious information IS on the website listed in my second post. <BR> <BR>click on "Postpaket" - - and the rates are NOT the same for "Nordamerika" as "Rest Welt" (nor for EU vs Rest Europa) <BR> <BR>Perhaps you want to type the whole table for Lora here... <BR> <BR>Whoops, I forgot. Anonymous coward observers never given any useful information here. <BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Joanna

Yes, it was lax of Lora not to say where she is from. <BR> <BR>Some countries charge on weight, others on volume. <BR> <BR>Also, which method of mailing - seamail, airmail, SAL (surface/air lifted)? Then, do you want insurance on the contents?

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 02:40 PM

to the top for Vivian... <BR> <BR>Postscript: If this forum had an easier way to locate and direct readers to a specific (previous) posting by a unique identifier (timestamp), it would not be necessary to top (and repeat) information so tediously. This is my new crusade, and I am thinking about adding this postscript (when applicable) to every new reply I make here. If you agree with me, then please write to Danny Mangin or David Downing - - [email protected] - - and encourage them to move forward with this improvement (and any others they have up their sleeves) to this best-on-the-web travel forum! <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Lora

WOW! Sorry everyone. You are right Rex, I should have mentioned that I am in the U.S. I'm a "newbee" here, but wouldn't it have been easier to ASK, or just ignore the post if the question was not specific? Geesh!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Rex

Lora - - it was, in effect, asking where you are from. <BR> <BR>Questions like yours occur about once a week. Forgive me for being self-appointed as the forum's "policeman", helping to point out the kinds of omitted information which makes it difficult (or sometimes impossible) to answer some questions. This is especially true when people ask about "what is the cheapest airfare to Paris?" <BR> <BR>From WHERE? <BR> <BR>As a fellow American, I try to "correct" this notion - - sometimes with far too much acid-tongued sarcasm - - of assuming that everyone will know "we" are from the US by virtue of the fact that we are speaking English and headed to Europe. <BR> <BR>Anyhow, I hope that the information is useful to you. <BR> <BR>Bottom line: it is ridiculously too expensive to ship (most) stuff home. <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Lora

Rex: Thanks for the information. I can see from reading many of the other posts that you are "Big Daddy" here. <BR> Thanks for your help. I'm more than just a bit nuts - trying to put together a 22 day trip for June - just got the flights and now have to fill in the lodging. This site has helped give me lots of info, ideas, and sites to search. I look forward to reading lots more. thanks again.