Reload this Page >

Madrid to Malaga

Search

Madrid to Malaga

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Edward Avadenka

Madrid to Malaga

Flying Detroit to Madrid and planning train to Malaga for a week in condo. Any good suggestions for places to see between Madrid and Malaga. Also, have not been in Madrid for about seven years. Any suggestions for hotels and restaurents? Thanks for your time and attention.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Maira

Toledo is a must see for a visitor to Spain; it all depends on how much time you are allowed for side trips while heading south on to Malaga. As far as Madrid, there are tons of hotel suggestions for all budgets already posted; you may want to browse first and get situated. In the $90-100/double range, Carlos V and Hotel Atlantico are my recs. Hotel Mora if you are looking in the $50-70/double range. El Asador de Aranda in Calle Preciados is a restaurant favorite of mine. Have a great time in Spain!

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 08:48 AM
chris

I really think you should just keep going to Malaga by plane,the train is wasting alot of time! By the time you get your luggage, get through customs,get a cabto a hotel in Madrid you could have been in Malaga.<BR> If you are planning to stay a couple of days in Madrid I now tell my friends about the Suecia hotel-Carlos V is suffering from too many referrals and not as great as it was! The Renfe office is right on the corner and you can get your train info there and save alot of time.Eidelweiss and an Italian restaurant are also around the corner.If you get a room at the third floor level or higher you will have a fabulous view of the post office and Cibeles fountain.There's a sign outside the Suecia stating Ernest Hemingway stayed there because he loved to visit the Bellas Artes on the corner.You can also walk to the Starbucks in the Palace hotel building-I need some big gulps-the small coffee cups are fine but not enough volume for me!<BR> I also suggest you take the red bus on/off tours.You will be able to see all the changes in seven years and they are a bargain-there are three routes!<BR> The other option that would work better than the train would be to drive-it's an easy one and you probably will enjoy the car in Malaga.then you can stop in Toledo and Ronda for sure.It can be done in a day if you get an early start from Madrid! <BR><BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Jasmine

&quot;The other option that would work better than the train would be to drive-it's an easy one and you probably will enjoy the car in Malaga.then you can stop in Toledo and Ronda for sure.It can be done in a day if you get an early start from Madrid!&quot;<BR><BR>Having done it both ways, I must disagree.<BR><BR>The Talgo train is much faster and Ronda is a great day drip from Malaga/Marbella, etc.<BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Casey

Hi Edward. I would fly to Malaga from Madrid on Air Europa or Spanair (discount carriers) and use Malaga as a base to visit the different towns. If you need any info on Malaga I could have my daughter, who studies at the University of Malaga get in touch with you.