Notices

Madrid to Lisbon on TrenHotel

Jun 17th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Madrid to Lisbon on TrenHotel

We are looking to book the night train on trenhotel from Madrid to Lisbon. We are primarily doing this to save on one night hotel in Madrid and use the night time to sleep as well as get from one place to another. But before booking wanted to understand peoples experiences on Trenhotel and how safe our luggage will be while we are sleeping.

We are not looking for luxury - but just want to be able to sleep without worrying about our luggage - we will have a small backpack and personal cross body bag at the most.

Please advice.

Also what website can I use to book tickets on trenhotel?
Jun 17th, 2015, 07:03 PM

You'll want to book MADRID-CHAMARTIN to LISBOA-ESTACION ORIENTE at Renfe.com. The trenhotel departs Madrid at 21h50 arriving in Lisbon at 07h20 the next morning.

Turista class starts at 36,30€, Cama Turista is at 84€, Cama Preferen is 145,80€ and Cama G. Clase os 177,60€/person.

You don't get to select your seat for the cheapest fare. Cama G. Clase is a private two person compartment.

If you don't mind sitting up all night in a seat, then Turista class works.

If you have problems booking your tickets, the you can use Petrabax.com
Jun 17th, 2015, 10:09 PM

I would not plan to spend the night in a seat. For security and the probability of sleeping you need at least a six person couchette. That gets you a lockable door. Since you are sharing the couchette with strangers you may still want to sleep with your money belt on - although I usually put mine under the pillow.

For more info see:
http://www.seat61.com/Europe-train-t...htm#-Overnight
Jun 18th, 2015, 12:45 AM

Whether it matters or not, have you considered that one or both of you will not sleep well and this will foreshorten your first day in Lisbon?

Search this Thread