Madrid Sports Bar

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrid Sports Bar

Help. I am going to Madrid this month with an american who is a huge fan of baseball. Is there a sports bar where we will be able to catch any of the games? If not I may end up with quite a grumpy travelling companion. Am also interested in hotel recommendations. I am looking for an interesting/quirky place to stay - reasonably priced and centrally located.
Thanks in advance. (And a steakhouse recommendation - sorry to be so demanding - all help appreciated)
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM

I'm afraid you may end up with a grumpy traveller. I looked all over for a sports bar to watch a football game (American Football), and they simply don't have any...they all watch soccer. Your only chance is a sports bar (Irish Bar) called The Clan, near the bull ring...maybe they will put it on for you.

As for a steakhouse, sorry...but the steak's (IMHO) aren't as good as in the USA, so your best bet is to sample tapas and local cuizine anyway. Have fun!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Woops, I'm sooo sorry. I was referring to Sevilla, not Madrid. Sorry about that.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:10 AM
car

Jomadrid
Baseball is shown in Sportmania, a channel from pay tv, they show good resumes of games with a two or three days delay, there might be bars where they have this channel on but I don't know them.
A good steak house franchise is called "La vaca argentina", they have several restaurants in Madrid and quality price relation is good. You can find them in the following address:
Castellana 206
Gaztambide 50
Pintor Rosales 52
There are many other Argentinan resturants, just to name a couple I know , El cacique, in Padre Damian 47 and "El viejo Almacen de Buenos Aires", in Villamil 277, This one has Tango music at night.
If you want to spend some more bucks, one of the best meat places in Madrid is "Ansorena", in Capitan Haya 55.
Hotel: If 100euro for a double room in a three star is fine for you you can check in Hotel Tirol www.hotel-tirol.com this hotel redone in 2003 is not in the old center but very well located, with a metro station (Princesa)50 meters away.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:43 AM

I hope your companion is aware that with the time difference live games, if he can find them, will be on between between 2 and 5 am. Just watch CNN and get the wrapup.