Reload this Page >

Madrid Airport to City

Search

Madrid Airport to City

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 12:56 PM
Bob

Madrid Airport to City

Am arriving in Madrid via air (BA) - what's the easiest (and reasonable) way to get to the city centre? Thanks.

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 01:29 PM
anne

Check "Terminally Hip" under travel.epicurious.com <BR> <BR>It's a great site that tells all the available ways to get from airport to city around the world. <BR>

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 01:49 PM
marianna

Bob: <BR> <BR>There is a bus right out side of the baggage claim area that takes you to the center of the city. VERY easy to use, I think the cost is about $6. All of these to the city's center buses are bright green.......can't miss it. <BR>

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 08:55 AM
Heather B.

The bus to the city is located between terminals 1 & 2. Most international flights arrive at terminal 1. The cost is 380 pesetas and the driver is able to provide change if you don't have the right amount. The downtown terminal is at the Plaza Colon, where numerous taxis are avaiable to take you to your hotel. Cheaper this way than taking a taxi from airport (can be more than 2000 pesetas with extra charges for baggage, Sunday arrival, etc.) The Colon terminal is underground. The only surprise during my first visit was that none of the guidebooks mentioned the spiral staircase to street level. Once you know it's there - no problem. Have a great trip! <BR> <BR>Heather

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 08:55 AM
Heather B.

The bus to the city is located between terminals 1 & 2. Most international flights arrive at terminal 1. The cost is 380 pesetas and the driver is able to provide change if you don't have the right amount. The downtown terminal is at the Plaza Colon, where numerous taxis are avaiable to take you to your hotel. Cheaper this way than taking a taxi from airport (can be more than 2000 pesetas with extra charges for baggage, Sunday arrival, etc.) The Colon terminal is underground. The only surprise during my first visit was that none of the guidebooks mentioned the spiral staircase to street level. Once you know it's there - no problem. Have a great trip! <BR> <BR>Heather

Old Jan 5th, 1999, 01:44 PM
BOB

Thanks for the help folks. Your suggestions were most useful. The bus was right out the door of the terminal, and I was on it within a minute of clearing customs - 370 pesatas to Plaza de Colon. From there I took a cab (700 pesatas to my hotel). Easy and reasonably priced for a big city!