My wife and I will be spending 9 days in Spain (excluding flying to and from U.S.)
and will be arriving in Madrid.
We figure we can take in most of Madrid's sites in 4 to 5 days.
With the remaining 4 to 5 days, should we take day trips to cities like Toledo, Segovia, Valencia or would it be worth the 6 hour train ride (1 way) to San Sabastian and stay there for 3 days. We already have the return flight booked from Madrid so we would have to make the 6 hour return train from SS. We don't want to take a plane to and from SS. I'm thinking the day trips are the better way to go and avoid the long train rides. But I've heard so many good things about SS ! Can't decide, please share your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 South of France
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 12 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 13 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 My France Vacation
- 16 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 17 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 18 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary