Search

LYB's many pictures of 9 wonderful days in Venice and about 5 hours in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:59 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LYB's many pictures of 9 wonderful days in Venice and about 5 hours in Paris

After editing and editing over 1,000 pictures, I have finally finished putting my pictures of my fabulous 9 days in Venice on the web. So for everyone who asks, how many days should I spend in Venice, these pictures will let you see, 9 days and there was more for me to see!

I also have some pictures of my surprise visit to Paris. Surprise? Yes, because of Air France being late, I missed my connection in Paris, and AF put me up for the night in Paris...I was able to take the train into town and enjoy the evening at the Eiffel Tower.

I will post a trip report within a week or so, but first I wanted to get the pictures going.

Warning, there are a lot of pictures!

You hope you enjoy.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Wow, those were great.

Just kidding. Where's the link? I'm in the mood for a trip to Venice this afternoon. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:19 PM
lyb
Original Poster

oh, my god!!! I was up way too late working with the pictures last night!!

http://lynnsview.com/Gallery/

See what being homesick for Venice does to a person...

Hope you enjoy!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Oh, my!!! Those were some of the best pictures of Venice I've ever seen!!! The "secret" garden behind the gate was over the top gorgeous and so mysterious! You are a great photographer! Like you, I love doors, windows, flowers, water, texture, etc., so these pictures were real eye candy!!! Thank you so much. I am such a Paris lover ........ however, Venice has been whispering to me for a year or so now. Thanks for such a treat this afternoon.

joy/luvparee
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM
lyb
Original Poster

joy,

Go to Venice, you will love it! But my advice to everyone is to go away from San Marco area and Rialto..not that those places shouldn't be seen, they definitely should be and I like them too. But to be walking around Venice with not another soul except for the occasional Venetian is so heavenly!!!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM

WOW! I am so glad I have squeezed 3 days in Venice into my trip. I am thinking I'll be sad to leave also.

I love your style, the way you capture the little details.Thankyou for giving me a taste of what's to come.

Old Nov 17th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Brings back so many wonderful memories. Thanks so much.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 05:05 PM

Wonderful pictures! Very much looking forward to your trip report.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Beautiful pictures! I'm going back to Italy in January, 2 days with my new Venetian friend in Venice. Not quite 9 days, but better than the 8 or so hours I had there in October! Your pictures made me wish January were here already!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Sigh.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM

What a beautiful album !! Venice is my favorite city as well. My daughter and I will be spending one week there in May, yeah !!!
Why is the Dosoduro area your favorite ? I'm curious because that is where we will be staying.
I hope you post your trip report soon. Thanks for sharing..
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:29 PM

Lyn - Bravo!!! Great photos!! I was there 6 days after you and was in most of the same spots. I look forward to your report.

Tom
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 12:31 AM

Your photos are wonderful. We are returning to Venice for the third time in April 2007 and taking our ll year old grand-daughter with us. Her first trip to Europe. I will show her some of your prints. Thanks for sharing Pawsha
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 08:23 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Thank you very much everyone for the compliments.

Susie,

I would say that Castello and Dorsoduro were my two favorite areas because of the feel of the areas. It's hard to put into words, I liked the bridges and houses in Dorsoduro, Ilreally liked the day to day life atmosphere in Castello.

San Marco area is also very picturesque but is definitely filled with the tourists...not that there's anything wrong with that, Hey, I'm a tourist.

Cannaregio seemed to be a mix, some nice and not so nice areas.

And for some reason that I truly cannot put into words, Santa Croce and San Polo were my least favorites.

However, I have to say that although I spent a lot of time exploring Venice, I still feel like I only scratched the surface and that those areas that I didn't like as much, probably warrant another visit as well.

Of course, as it's very obvious, I love Venice and think the whole city warrants MANY more visits.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Gorgeous photos lyb!! I wish I could take photos like you and Tom (TRSW) do, I have some lovely ones but nothing equal to either of yours!

Yes, peeling paint on shutters, clothes hanging to dry, crumbling exteriors are so charming in Italy although they sure wouldn't be here in N CA. Lack of architectual features no doubt.

And the light in Venice, like nowhere else!

Thank you for sharing your trip lyb and congratulations in getting an unexpected visit to Paris!!
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM

Are you trying to mess with our emotions with those pictures? Stunning!!! When does the coffee table book come out? We were there last month and just when we thought we were off the drug we call Venice, well, we just had a relapse. We need another Venice trip. (not going to happen but at least we have your photos). Let's get the trip report going. LOL
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Awesome pictures Lyb! I've been missing Venice and am getting my fix to tide me over!

I would love to take the pics you do...mine always come out somewhat boring.
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 01:11 PM

Now I can say with sincerity GREAT photos! Thank you for sharing. Brought back wonderful memories of one of my favorite cities--especially Campo San Barnaba. You're a terrific photographer.
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Really great, lyb! Put some of the winners in the Bee's travel photo contest to shame. Did you submit any to this year's contest?
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 08:28 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Again thank you so much everybody!

Been having a bad time at work and all your compliments helped...believe it or not.

Janis,

Not, I've never submitted any to the Bee, when I think about it, it's always after the deadline. But I should mark it for next year...hey, what's the worst that can happen, right?

For all of you who are about to travel to celebrate Thanksgiving, have a great and safe holiday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -