Luzern accommodation

Mar 11th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Luzern accommodation

We have read with interest reviews on the above hotels, however we need to find a hotel in Luzern with airconditioning as we are travelling in August. Last year's European summer has certainly made us feel that a hotel which is not airconditioned may not be a good idea.
We are seeking moderate accommodation around 200 swiss francs per night.
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:13 PM

What hotels are you referring to?
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
rex

While not in Luzern, you might do well to consider the Hotel Albana in Weggis - - which is on "Lake Lucerne" (the Vierwaldstaettersee).

Don't know its current price; hotels in Luzern can be expensive, if you have a few days, you might be able to cost average, some IN Luzern, and some elsewhere on the lake.

I am not entirely sure that it EVER gets particularly hot there, heat wave or no.

Best wishes,

Rex
Mar 11th, 2004, 07:52 PM
rex

Bringing your message back up "to the top" since it is your first post here ever...
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:23 AM

Believe me it was hot last summer. We stayed at the Hotel Waldestrasse(sp?) right in town with no air conditioning. Luckily, we had one of the few fans they had available. Don't think too many hotels have air conditioning since it isn't needed very often but last summer was exceptional.
Apr 6th, 2004, 05:26 AM
JN

Sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible to find a hotel with AC in Luzern for 200chf/nt.
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:14 AM

Here's an idea: buy a fan once you're there. They aren't really that expensive, especially compared to the cost of a Euro vacation.

A good 3-star hotel with a superb location is the Hotel Des Alpes. The view from our window looked like this:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...11649047FQxSEE

Check their web site for summer rates.
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:40 PM

I stayed at Hotel Schiller 1 1/2 blocks from the train station and it has air conditioning. I think it costs about $240 a night. Expedia is a good place to check out hotel amenities and prices.