Luxury Hotel Recommendations in Romania

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2023, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for luxury level hotel recommendations for Bucharest and Cluj. Nice renovated rooms and bathrooms are a must and we would like to be walking distance to restaurants, major sites, etc. I'm traveling with my father (on a heritage trip). This is a once in a lifetime father / daughter trip to see where my father grew up so we want to go all out.

My father speaks Romanian fluently, is in his late 70s, still in relatively good shape, but really wants upscale modern amenities. Below are some places we researched that we would love feedback on. Also open to other suggestions if they seem like a good fit.
  • In Cluj, I found Hotel Platinia and Aparthotel Nox.
  • In Transylvania, we want to stay outside the city for a few nights and are looking at Bethlen Estates - would love any feedback on whether anyone has stayed here and their experience. Also, whether this is a good location to experience the countryside, visit nearby cities like Sibiu and Sighisoara and do some touristy stuff as well (castles, etc.).
  • In Bucharest, we are between JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel and the Marmorosch Bucharest Autograph Collection.

Thank you so much in advance for your help beautiful travelers!