Reload this Page >

Lush Bath Stores

Search

Lush Bath Stores

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Carrie

Lush Bath Stores

I will be visiting London the early part of next year. We plan on stocking up on Lush bath products to bring home for family and friends. I've been researching their locations, and from visiting their website I have learned that there are several locations all throughout London. Is there a specific store that we should visit? Do they have a main store that is bigger with a better selection? Thanks in advance.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Lori

The store in Covent Garden seemed to have a lot of stuff but I could not stand the smell (scents)of it all due to allergies and had to get out of their fairly quickly!It was also very crowded, probably due to the Covent Garden location which is a magnet for crowds.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:04 AM
JOdy

I don't know if it's the main store but the one in Covent Garden is 2 floors of wonderful delights!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:09 AM
kate

All the stores smell alike. If you have allergies, don't go inside! <BR>I, personally, love the smell of a Lush store.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Teresa

My favorite is in Carnaby Street, beyond Regent Street. I'ts more airy and spacious. You also have a good one in Kings Road.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Carrie

Thanks everyone!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Mel

Lush, oh, Lush! I THOUGHT I stocked up two weeks ago at the Covent Garden store, but I'm already in need of more Butter Ball Bath Bombs!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Joseph Pullen

I believe they also have a web site from which you can order.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Patti

And for those last minute purchases, there's a store in Victoria Station and one at Heathrow!<BR><BR>Patti

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:56 AM
vicotr

Any truth to today's story that Ivory has bought out Lush and plans to rebrand it as LUST? The buzz is it floats.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Betsy

A bit off topic, but possibly of interest. I understand that Lush is opening their first store in the US in San Francisco. Haven't been able to find the date, but when I do, I'll post it here. Maybe it'll be possible to mail order in US.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Carrie

The store opening in San Francisco sounds familiar. Maybe that info is on their website?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:26 AM
xxx

You can already mail order lush in the us from their canadian web site. And it's a bit cheaper than you would pay buying it in London. The canadian - us dollar exchange rate remains fairly favorable. I recently placed a large order of bath bombs, shampoo, and other goodies, and even with shipping it only came to $40.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:58 AM
kate

The price works out to be about the same in Canada as in the UK. And the cost of shipping is ridiculous. I love Lush, but when I paid $12-for 3 bars of soap and was charged $13-for the shipping, I have to rely on trips to Montreal or London.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
just

I thought Lush wasn't in the U.S. since the FDA wouldn't approve the products.<BR><BR>It's not going to be quite the treat if the products are available here. It will become just like every other Body Shop and Bath &amp; Body Works - nothing special anymore to look forward to on foreign travels.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:20 PM
x

like going to Paris and seeing a Gap or Banana Republic. The world is becoming one big mall.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:30 PM
xx

I have to agree that it's kind of sad to have the same old stuff no matter where you go in the world.<BR><BR>Pretty soon there won't be anything that we'll have to look forward to buying on our travels.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 02:06 PM
francesca

I also hate the mall-ing of our shopping streets here (in Paris). And so many French stores are now all over the US (Occitane, for example). One thing about Lush: I have found that the soaps lose their scents rather quickly, so if you stock up you might find yourself with some bland soap a few months later.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Lina

This was on the Australian Lush web site (www.lush.com.au)...<BR> A note to potential US partners: We intend to start our operation in the USA in approximately 18 months time; we have already had over 2500 proposals from potential partners wanting to run the US operation but we haven't found the right one yet. If you think your metaphorical foot would fit our glass slipper, you know where we are.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 09:49 AM
kav

Mel<BR>I did tell you to get more of those Butterballs - you'll just have to come back to London soon to get some more!<BR<BR><BR>Re the soap - I have also found it loses it's smell when stored for a few months but when you start using it the smell seems to be there again - perhaps the outside sort of seals itself or loses scent but once that layer is used the smell returns?<BR><BR>Generally the products are best used within a couple of months though as they don't store as well as products with more preservative chemicals in them.<BR><BR>Kavey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -