Lush

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Eamon

Lush

All right, Ladies. You're forever raving about those Lush products, so how 'bout some advice on where I can purchase them from the states via computer, and some tips on which of their products are universally favored. I'd like to get some for my wife.

Cheers, and thanks,

Eamon

PS: I did do a text seach, but to little avail.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 01:49 PM
xxx

http://www.lushcanada.com/

And try the Uluru bath bomb...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:03 PM
c

Aaaah Eamon, you are a good man

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:18 PM
CAgal

Maybe not universally favored, but certainly favored by me is the bath soap called figs and leaves.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:36 PM
kavey

Now you have the site, perhaps we can recommend our favourite products.

For soft soft skin I love Butter Ball (bath ballistic) and also Floating Island (bath melt). Dreamtime (bath melt) is also wonderful.

Also I really like Bewitched (solid massage bar) and the figgy soap mentioned above.

Hope you find you love LUSH stuff as much as many of us Eamon!

Kavey

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:38 PM
kavey

(Even if the bath products are just for your wife, the massage bar is good for both of you and I'd recommend you give the bath products a go yourself too!)

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 03:21 PM
karen

Lush Canada has a toll free number, too!!! 1-888-733-LUSH
You must try "king of Skin" massage bar, and the solid shampoos are great for traveling (or at home!)

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:18 PM
me

Lush favorites: Alkmaar soap, Trichomania solid shampoo bar, Aromarant solid deodorant bar (v. useful for traveling), Silky Underwear dusting powder, Karma dusting powder, Tramp shower gel (has an incredible "green" smell to it). All of this stuff just SMELLS so delicious!!

Watch out for this shop, it's addictive!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 07:02 PM
c

Yes,kavey has it right! .I think the figs are addictive!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Diana

Okay. Okay. You've sold me. Where do I find Lush in Paris or London when I go next month?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:39 PM
claire

What a guy! I've ordered from the Canada site & it is best for mailing costs to the US. My personal fave is the Tisty Tosty bath bomb. In the shape of a heart, smells mostly like roses and 6 or 7 rosebuds are released into the bath water. No damage to a white tub. I have tried other bath bombs, and some do leave a residue and/or color behind. One releases seaweed into the bath & is a [email protected]*$%h to clean up.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Amy

Now I want to know about this Lush stuff!! I will be in Italy (Naples, Amalfi Coast) in 2 weeks...do they have it there? Because I am most certain that they probably don't have it here in Latvia! I suppose this stuff is far and away better than Bath & Body Works eh? More info on where to buy this stuff please!!! I want in on it!!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:43 PM
claire

Diana, I visited a Lush shop in the Covent Garden area of London. There is a complex of shops right by the newly revamped opera house. It is in there. Much as I love some Lush products, I found the smells running together in the shop unpleasantly overpowering. Of course, it was late July and nearly 100 degrees outside!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:46 PM
claire

Amy, if you visit the main Lush site on-line, you'll see a listing for their Italian website. I'm sure it would list stores in Italy & I know there's one in Milan.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:27 PM
lucious

I receive their catalog.It's in the format of a newspaper and lots of fun to pore over and then make tough decisions w/out over-ordering!JUst go to the web site and request it and enjoy.The best deals are the bath bombs,get a bunch and give them as gifts.You will greatly appreciated-hide the rest from them!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Robbyn

Funny story about the Lush bath bomb.
We were in Covent Garden's last week and since it was my husband's birthday I thought it would be fun to give him a a nice fizzy bath on his birthday. I bought what I thought was a nice bomb and a couple of days later I dropped the lush product in his tub. He thoght it looked like a giant fizzy. Okay, so I thought that was nice and left the bathroom. When he came out he has little sparkles all over his body. I laughed and laughed and had a hard time convincing him that I really didn't know about the sparkles. They lasted for about 2 days. Thank goodness we were still on vacation and he didn't have to go to work.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:08 PM
kit

Solid shampoo? That sounds wonderful for packing! Does it really work? I have long hair; is there a conditioner as well? Do you just lather it up like a bar of soap? Wow...sounds great if it works...

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:20 PM
c

OH Eamon---look what you have started !!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:39 PM
kav

As you can probably tell I adore LUSH products, but just want to express a word of warning.

I bought Aromarant deodorant when it first was released.

I have never had such a painful allergic reaction to a product as I did to this one. My armpits were burning pits of hell.

I have never had any problems with any other LUSH products and have tried so many but this one didnt agree with me at all.

Infact I only wore it once but took over a week to recover.

Kavey

cccdf, you've found that figgy stuff addictive too, huh?!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:25 PM
c

kavey-sooooooo addictive but the really good kind
your poor armpits! what a miserable feeling that is, that happened to me when I bought a regular everyday deoderant in a pharmacy in NY...feel kind of monkey-ish,scraching your pits all the time
sorry folks~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO