Reload this Page >

GEllert Hotel, Budapest, Hungary?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Laura

Has anyone stayed here recently? We just booked here for August and now I'm reading some of the posts last year that are negative--rooms with old, outdated decor, breakfasts that aren't good, staff who are not very nice...!!! Yikes!! For 1500 US/night? Please say it isn't so!

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:44 AM
lori

TTT

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Nan

I stayed here a few years ago, about three, and it was dated but nice rooms. We had a room with a loft and a wonderful view of the river and bridge from our little porch. The decor was not up to date, but nice enough. It was good to be able to take the oldfashioned glass, hand operated elevator directly into the spa, there is a matron running the elevator. I think it is the great historical hotel and worth the money.

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Gaia

I think you made a mistake, for $ 1500.- you can stay for a week.....:http://www.eids.hu/hotelnet/gellert/start1.htm

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Byrd

Laura- We stayed at the Gellert in October 2000 and had great rooms (on the front, overlooking the Danube). We understood that some rooms have been renovated and some have not--there is a significant price difference, but 1500 USD sounds high. We all loved the hotel and the spa and the breakfast and Budapest!<BR>Byrd<BR>

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:17 AM
suze

Laura I stayed at the Gellert June 2001 & loved it. I wish I was going back again!! We stayed in a room with a view over the Danube (sp??) & there was a small balcony to sit out on. The spa is great as a guest you don't have to pay to use it & there is a special elevator you use to get to the spa. I spent 2 of the mornings of my stay outside by the pool. The breakfasts were fine - usual buffet with fruit, meats & cheeses.<BR>I recommend the hotel & would definitly go back.