Search

Lunch in Assisi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Laura

Lunch in Assisi

Could really use suggestions for an interesting/goodeats/view/peoplewatching spot in Assisi for lunch. Anyone? <BR><BR>(Maybe 2 of the 4 listed preferences?) <BR><BR>Thank you.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Rex

Right adjacent to the main (upper) basilica there is a coffee and pastries shop that is busy as bees, worthy of stopping into, going to or coming from mass.<BR><BR>Or on the main piazza (blanking on the name), there are any number of paninoteche (sp?) and you can simply eat a picnic style lunch camped out by the ancient fountain, taking in the tourists, moseying from here to there.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 03:42 PM
up

topping, for Laura<BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:28 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening Laura<BR>Had a decent lunch and a couple of<BR>dinners in the dining room of the HOTEL<BR>WINDSOR SAVOIA, dining room overlooks<BR>the lower valley and SM Angeli.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:20 AM
sandi

We found a small ristorante that was off the beaten path. We were definitely the only tourists there. It was the Ristorante Bar Anfiteatro on Via Anfiteatro Romano, 4 near the Porta Perlici. This is on the tall hill behind Santa Chiara. In this area was a tiny, ancient outdoor theatre and is now a lovely little neighborhood. I swear, I had the best Zuppo di vedure in my life. My son had penne with 4 cheeses and he ate more than I’ve ever seen. It was truly a treat. Find it if you can. (Tel 075 813 025).