Reload this Page >

Luggage storage facility at Athens rail station & airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Parag

I am planning a trip to Greece in April 2000.I have a day to spend in Athens before I take a ferry & on the way back to Cairo again I have a day free.I would like to know if there is any luggage locker or storage facility at the station & the airport.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 08:24 AM
Parag

It is 2nd or 3rd week of April 2001 & NOT 2000.Sorry.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 05:58 PM
xxx

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 08:31 PM
Caitlin H

We were in Athens about three months ago. What is striking about Athens airport is how small and run down it is - a big contrast to most airports you will find in Europe. At the Olympic terminal there was a luggage storage shopfront on the opposite side of the road - privately run. I did not see any airport run luggage storage or lockers. Don't know about the train.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 11:16 PM
April

And there was no security at the airport when we were arrived either.

Old Nov 25th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Jill

We are Australians and were in Athens last May and spent about 3 hours at the railway station. It is like being in another era - like 20 or 30 years ago. We checked our luggage in and were given a pencilled slip/receipt. We made sure we watched our gear being carted onto the luggage van and did retrieve it safely at Patras but there was no voucher check - we sort of reached into the van and pointed out our bags. <BR>The luggage check-in counter at the railway station possibly includes a storage facility. Good luck with the language/assistance. No one spoke English or was interested in helping. <BR>The airport did not impress us for efficiency or modernity. I would be loathe to leave anything of value there. It was a nightmare just finding our bags after a flight from Paris via Munich. We gather the airport will improve with the Olympics coming up in 4 years time. Sorry, not much help. By the way, don't misunderstand me, the Greeks are fantastic people, you just have to accept the chaos. Good luck. <BR>There may be an agent/terminal for your ferry in Athens and you could leave your bag there - just a thought.

Old Dec 2nd, 2000, 04:51 AM
Tom

I don't know if this helps, but my impression is that Athens will be getting a new airport sometime in the next year or so. I happened to find this web site: www.athensairport-2001.gr. As for the old airport, you might want to keep in mind that it actually consists of two terminals, which are about a 20-minute cab or bus ride apart. I only mention it because, when returning to the airport, our cab driver accidentally took us to the wrong one. I hope you enjoy your visit to Greece. I was there this summer and had a great time. <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2000, 07:27 AM
jacquie

My husband & I stopped over at Athens 6 or so years ago and there was a left luggage facility outside the airport, near where you get taxis, buses etc from. I don't recall it looking that secure, but we got our bags back safely, no problems. It was not that different to the facilities at Milano or Bangkok airport. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.