Luberon region

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:28 AM
klee

Luberon region

Hi! I am going to visit Luberon in early part of June this year. Did anyone stay in Joucas, Gordes or L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue ?Please give me some feedback informations. Thank you.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Capo

Hi Klee. I was in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue back in May 1994 for one night and really liked the town. The place we stayed at -- and also liked -- was the Hostellerie St. Martin, in town, right across the street from the Sorgue. <BR><BR>http://www.beyond.fr/villages/islesorgue.html

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:12 AM
mimi taylor

We stayed at two places at various times. My favorite The Mas de Cure Bourse, the other, The Mas de Gres.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Sue

We rented a gite in the countryside a couple of k. from Gordes; it was an idyllic setting, with the smell of fresh herbs and surrounded by olive groves and poppy fields. It was also a great location from which to explore the whole area; we took day trips each day in different directions and got to see much of the Vaucluse/Luberon. I'd love to return for another couple weeks. I don't think you'd go wrong any place you decide to stay; everything is so close. <BR>We were not within walking distance of anything other than neighboring farms, etc.; staying in a town might be preferable to some. You will have a wonderful time.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Betty

I spent 2 weeks near Apt in October 2000. Visited Gordes and Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. Gordes at that time of year was quaint and quiet. Didn't visit the castle, just walked around (in the rain!), shopped a bit and had lunch. Don't miss the Abbaye de Senanque, very nearby, especially if you're there in the summer. Lavender fields there are supposed to be among the most beautiful, but may not be in full bloom in early June. We were in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue on a week-end for the market (I think it is held both Saturday and Sunday.) Lots of Provencal print table cloths and napkins, pottery, antiques, food and just about anything else you could possibly want. I also recommend you visit Roussillon with its red ochre cliffs and Saignon,one of the more attractive hilltop villages in the area. Since we were renting I can't tell you much about hotels or B&B's but if there is something else you would like to know I'll try to answer specific questions if I can. I hope you enjoy this area as much as we did.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:49 PM
klee

Capo,Mimi,Sue & Betty! Thank you everybody. Good informations.<BR>BTW Did anybody stay in Hotel Pigonnet in Aix-en-Provence? I am considering to stay there in June also. Thank you.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 03:02 PM
xxx

Hi Klee. Bon Voyage! Sue, can you possibly tell us how you found that gite? --through the French office or through another rental organization? Sounds perfect.