Search

LoveItaly's Message From JJBhoy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoveItaly's Message From JJBhoy

Hello dear Fodorites.

It is with a heavy heart I post this thread.

Our Fodorite JJBhoy (Jim) has asked me to post this message from him so please know I am not violating his privacy.

No doubt many of you have read Jim's trip reports when they travelled from their home in Glasgow, Scotland to NYC. On their second visit to NYC they brought their two sons, Paul and Christopher, with them.

Jim asked me to relay to his Fodorite Friends on this the Europe Board, the US Board and the Lounge that they have lost their dear son Christopher who was lovingly known as Diff.

A couple of months ago Christopher, age 17 was one block from their home one early evening. He ran into a younger fellow from another neighborhood who he barely knew. They started conversing and a third fellow joined them. As it turns out the younger fellow has a past that involved violent incidences. The third fellow evidently has had some grudges with the younger fellow. Suddenly the younger fellow pulled a knife and stabbed the third fellow. The injury was non life threatening. The younger fellow than fatality stabbed Christopher.

Needless to say Jim and his wife Liz and their older son Paul are still in complete shock and mourning. Jim has been quite busy these last weeks due to this horrible incident. Things have now slowed down for him and consequently he has started reading Fodor's thread to try to distract himself from the heartbreak he and his family have. But he said he is still not ready to post which is understandable.

If any of you would like to read or reread the trip report Jim and his family took with their sons to NYC you can pull it up by going to the US Board and typing JJBhoy in the search engine. The fun and interesting trip report that so many of us so enjoyed will give you an idea as to the personality and love for life that dear Diff had.

Jim and his family still face the murder trial that will take place in a few months. So it will be some time before they will be able to quietly mourn I am sad to say.

For anyone that would like to share their thoughts with Jim you may posts them here on this thread and Jim will read them and share them with his family. And again he will posts when the time is right for him to do so.

RIP precious Christopher
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:13 PM

OMG I remember reading about it. I never knew he was the son of a Fodorite. Such a shocking waste.

Jim, Liz and Paul I have never met you, but my heart goes out to you.
RIP Christopher.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM

LoveItaly, you did a very gracious and kind thing; it must have been hard to be the one to pass on this kind of tragic news.

I don't know you, JJBhoy, but my heart goes out to you and your family.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Jim,

Sometimes it's hard to understand the "why." Your family has a lot to deal with - try to stay strong for each other.

My deepest sympathy to your entire family.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is so tragic and sad.

Deepest sympathy to Liz, Jim and Paul. Please know how many Fodorites are thinking of you at this difficult time.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM

What a tragedy. My deepest sympathy for the family.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM

I am so very, very sorry and saddened to hear this tragic news. I cannot imagine what Jim and his family are going through. I too have a 17 year old boy and my thoughts and sympathies go to Jim and his family.

One cannot begin to express in words the absolute waste of such a young and vibrant life. I am so sorry. Try and remember all the good times you all had together. He will always be in your hearts - forever.

Schnauzer
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Jim, I am so sorry. I saw teh story and had no way of making the connection. It takes it from random "what is the world coming to", into the world of personal pain.

I'll light a candle
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I cannot imagine the pain, anger and frustration you must be feeling right now.

May you somehow find peace in this time of tragedy.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Topping for anyone that is familar with our Fodorite JJBhoy and did not see this thread yesterday.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM

I'm shocked and saddened. JJBhoy, I am thinking of you and your family.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM

So very trajic...my heart and thoughts go out to you
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:41 AM

JJBhoy,
My thoughts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with your family right now. I am so very saddened to hear of this.

Thank you for posting LoveItaly.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Such sad, sad news. I don't know you, Jim, but I feel for you and your family more than I can adequately express.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Such awful news - all my sympathy to you.

I am so very sorry that this has happened to you.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
LJ

This is indeed sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jim, and your family.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
SRS

Jim, I just saw this thread and I wanted to let you know that I am truly sorry for your incredible. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sally
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM

So sorry to hear. My condolences, and my thoughts are with you all.

Thanks Loveitaly for the info.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM

My deepest sympathies to JJBoy and his family.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM

A couple years ago, JJBhoy offered to come over from work and help my daughter and I with the Glasgow buses if we needed it. We didn't need to take up the offer of assistance, but this shows what a kind-hearted, considerate man JJBhoy is.

I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow. Our thoughts are with JJBhoy and his family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -