Louvre Forum - Not too nice

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Gwen

Louvre Forum - Not too nice

I just wanted to inform you that the hotel you have recommended in Fodor's 2001 Paris Guide (Page 185)-Louvre Forum is not what it seems.

My husband, myself and my 18 month old son (will be in Dec.) requested information from them and told them that we intended to stay there. They replied and said that there was no way we could fit 3 people in one room, there is only one bed. I replied and said that my son would sleep in the bed with us, after all is is only 18 months. They simply replied and said "that is impossible. Thank you."

I thought that was very rude. Maybe you should add that they are not child friendly (that is the only thing I can see as being the problem here).

Your guides are very helpful, thanks for your hard work.

Gwen

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:27 PM
x

Gwen, if this is intended for Fodors, you should adress it to them.You can find the address on the home page.

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:31 PM
John G

The hotel may not be able to accomodate you because of their insurance policy. If you have your baby in the bed with you it may cause an accident. The baby could fall out of the bed, or you could roll over and smother him. I can remember a friend of mine telling me that he, his wife, and baby went to a hotel and they insisted that the child be put into a crib for safety reasons otherwise the hotel would be liable. This may be the case.

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:31 PM
MaryC

Or Gwen, you could post your complaints on the Rants and Rave section.

Just go to the "Fave Raves" section on the home page (about midway down). Click on [more]. Click on the Hotels heading at the top. Find the listing for Louvre Forum then "Rate It".

I think Fodor's will be more likely to pay attention to that.

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:35 PM
StCirq

Gwen:

Sorry you had such a problem.Personally, I never would have mentioned that we had three people if one of them were an 18-month-old child, or I would have been explicit that it was a couple with an infant. We've stayed in many a Paris hotel over the years with an infant and never had a problem because we made it clear that the baby would sleep with us, or on the floor in bedding we brought with us, or whatever. I suspect there was some sort of miscommunication based on lack of French language skills. At any rate, this message board is for people seeking travel advice - it's not the place to get answers from Fodor's on its guidebook information. I'm not sure where that is, but I suspect it's pretty clear somewhere on the home page of the website. Good luck.