lot valley

Oct 6th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Noona

lot valley

Looking for a special maison d'hote in the area. or bread and breakfast.

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Linda

Noona, I may be totally uneducated, but please bear with me: Where is the Lot Valley?

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Lipstique

Perhaps, the Loire Valley?

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:37 PM
xxx

Lot is just to the east/southeast of the Dordogne.

The Loire valley is the valley of the Loire River and the Lot valley is the valley of the Lot River. No connection at all, except for the "L".

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Linda

Thanks for increasing my educational level, xxx.

Oct 7th, 2001, 02:12 PM
StCirq

Noona:

Le Moulin de Cambelong, in the lovely town of Conques, might be just what you're looking for. It's at the foot of the village, on the river Dourdou, and as the name would imply is a beatifully restored old mill, one of the only remaining ones on that river. It's clean and quiet and rooms are comfortable - some have balconies and private terrasses overlooking the river. Prices are around 300-450F for a double. Tel. no is (from USA) 011-33-5-65-72-84-77; fax is 011-33-5-65-72-83-91. It has a good restaurant, but if you decide to stay there or in the area, make a visit also to Chez Marie in the town of Grand-Vabre, about 5 km north of Conques. It's a wonderful restaurant in a tiny little village - locals come from miles around to eat traditional dishes there, and for good reason.